Toronado Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's what I was hoping to find today was going to be. Thanks for the info. I'll plan on it. Any specifics?

Lots of stuff is still up in the air, so I won't spill it until they've got it all figured out, but RR and Alpine are locked down for sure. Alpine will either be Duet or Nelson.

I'll be there for sure but not until around 6 p.m. I'm doing an 8 hour practice exam for when I take the real Professional Engineering exam in October...I'll definitely need some beer.

Grand opening beers:
Stone – Arbalest
Against the grain – Haman Hamarth
Elysian – Covid
Hair of the Dog – Adam
Double Mountain – Devils kriek
Cascade – PDX Punch
Cascade – Pomegranite
Pfriem – 2012 Belgian Stout
Surly – Furious IPA
Surly – Cocoa Bender
Surly – Hell Lager
BFM – Abbey de Saint Bon-Chien
Boneyard/Alpine – Chingadira
Oakshire - Flanders Framboise
Maui – Barrel aged Father Damien
Maui – Haleakala Sunrise
Maui – Pau Hana Pils
Maui – Imperial Coconut Porter
Alesmith – Speedway Stout
Firestone Walker – Brettaweisse
Lost Abbey -Duck Duck
Lost Abbey - Angel Share
Veltins - Pilsner
And many more!!!!!

My first visit to Toronado tonight and I thought it was nice. Hard to judge based on a Tuesday night event, but the bartenders were great. Good service from them despite being busy which is very nice to see.

The place is pretty small which may come in to play when bigger events start to happen, but so far so good.

Necro-bump, but Toronado has already started cutting their hours back. I hope they're doing ok, Mutiny Hall did the same thing before they closed down in that same space.

I have to wonder if the Toronado name is what did them in. You come to expect things out of a Toronado bar, and from the sounds of it, it was a fair departure from what the SF and SD locations offer.

I really enjoy Toronado and hope it stays in business. They have really wonderful food, a great staff (much more attentive than Brouwers), and their tap list is always pretty killer. The one negative I think is the location. Parking around it is an absolute *****.

I really enjoy Toronado and hope it stays in business. They have really wonderful food, a great staff (much more attentive than Brouwers), and their tap list is always pretty killer. The one negative I think is the location. Parking around it is an absolute *****.

I really like their food and the tap list is always solid. Some of their beers are more than they should be, though.

As for parking, I wouldn't know. I can walk there in like 5-10 minutes. The autopart store across the street lets you park in their lot after a certain hour and you could probably also get away with parking in above ground parking lot at Roosevelt Square by Bartells.

I have to wonder if the Toronado name is what did them in. You come to expect things out of a Toronado bar, and from the sounds of it, it was a fair departure from what the SF and SD locations offer.
Toro Seattle is clean and spacious. Therefore, it is a fair departure from the other locations.

Having been to all 3, and if all (taplist) things were equal, I would probably frequent the Seattle location the most.

It's really interesting how Pies and Pints is busy pretty much all the time, but I'll walk by Toronado or stop in after a run and there aren't many people in there. During events they're crazy busy but a normal night? Not so much.

I really think that spot is cursed. Before Toronado, it was Mutiny Hall and two different Mexican places that didn't last very long. The light rail construction probably doesn't help either.

Toro Seattle is clean and spacious. Therefore, it is a fair departure from the other locations.

Having been to all 3, and if all (taplist) things were equal, I would probably frequent the Seattle location the most.
Toro SD is clean and spacious too. I think SF is the only one that everyone can agree is a lilacflowers.

If all things were equal, Seattle probably wouldn't have any trouble right now. That's an inane hypothetical.

What else needs to be equal? WA has different distribution, so that's an unfair/impossible comparison with SD and SF.
Oh I definitely agree, which is why I think the Toronado name gives it an unfair/impossible comparison that it might not be able to live up to. I'm not saying the Seattle location is worse, just different.

I'm still looking forward to visiting it (if it's still around), but I know that I'll likely have to adjust my expectations going in.

Toro SD is clean and spacious too. I think SF is the only one that everyone can agree is a lilacflowers.

If all things were equal, Seattle probably wouldn't have any trouble right now. That's an inane hypothetical.
Can't control what is distributed in their state. As much as I love Seattle as a city, it isn't SD or SF in regards to beer. I would also disagree calling SD spacious.

I think the crew did an awesome job with Toro Seattle and hope it sticks around.

Can't control what is distributed in their state. As much as I love Seattle as a city, it isn't SD or SF in regards to beer. I would also disagree calling SD spacious.

I think the crew did an awesome job with Toro Seattle and hope it sticks around.

No, they can't control what's distributed in the state but it's a little strange that Holy Mountain and Fremont aren't mainstays on the taplist: http://www.toronadoseattle.com/beers/index.html
At least at the moment (and when I visited previously), Pine Box's tap list is quite a bit better: http://www.pineboxbar.com/

I do have to give them props on being the one Toronado to actually update their website with current tap lists though.

Also, SD recently expanded and is much easier to find space now (not that it was that difficult before other than at hyped events).

No, they can't control what's distributed in the state but it's a little strange that Holy Mountain and Fremont aren't mainstays on the taplist: http://www.toronadoseattle.com/beers/index.html
At least at the moment (and when I visited previously), Pine Box's tap list is quite a bit better: http://www.pineboxbar.com/

I do have to give them props on being the one Toronado to actually update their website with current tap lists though.

Also, SD recently expanded and is much easier to find space now (not that it was that difficult before other than at hyped events).

One of the bartenders at Holy Mountain also works at Pine Box, so there's that.

Also, no Pliny at Toronado is very sad :(

Back