Trading for Schramms

Help Support Talkbeer:

Just wondering whats currently available at Schramms and how limited certain meads are. I assume The Statement, blackberry and raspberry arent too ridiculous. What about black heart or blackberry sec or Heart of Darkness? Are there other more accessible limited options?

BadJustin

Staff member
Contributor
The former, you are correct, aren't terrible depending on when last made. The latter you are looking at maybe an annual release, at best. Limited quantities, sold at the meadery only, although Black Heart was online for a brief time this year. I'll defer to the resident nerds trickytunadicky and fear025.

If you want to know what is available right now go here and look at any bottles that are not sold out. Note that schramm’s does not ship alcohol and you will need a local trustee. I live in Chicago and am not your huckleberry for that. https://store.schrammsmead.com/mobile/storefront.aspx

Anything that is sold out is sold out. HoD is extremely limited and bottles that make it to non-Mazer Club members are typically released on a single day to brunch attendees or in some other fashion to help control the line/expectations. It’s estate fruit and it’s going to be a while before they can grow enough more fruit to meet demands but they did just buy a second farm.

Blackberry Sec was made once. Some of the bottles were awesome. Some did not age great. I have heard from reliable sources it wouldn’t be made again but they said that about other things they in turn made again so fake that for what it is worrh. .

Black Heart is annualish. About 200 bottle batches, though B4 was 42 bottles and only released to attendees of a brunch. Good luck getting that one.

Anyway, I hope this helps you revise your offer. I am not super in to trading these days but hopefully I helped you figure out what you need to do.

If you want to know what is available right now go here and look at any bottles that are not sold out. Note that schramm’s does not ship alcohol and you will need a local trustee. I live in Chicago and am not your huckleberry for that. https://store.schrammsmead.com/mobile/storefront.aspx

Anything that is sold out is sold out. HoD is extremely limited and bottles that make it to non-Mazer Club members are typically released on a single day to brunch attendees or in some other fashion to help control the line/expectations. It’s estate fruit and it’s going to be a while before they can grow enough more fruit to meet demands but they did just buy a second farm.

Blackberry Sec was made once. Some of the bottles were awesome. Some did not age great. I have heard from reliable sources it wouldn’t be made again but they said that about other things they in turn made again so fake that for what it is worrh. .

Black Heart is annualish. About 200 bottle batches, though B4 was 42 bottles and only released to attendees of a brunch. Good luck getting that one.

Anyway, I hope this helps you revise your offer. I am not super in to trading these days but hopefully I helped you figure out what you need to do.
So just because there are multiple batches doesn’t mean it is all that accessible? Does that mean red/black Agnes or Erik the red or birthday meads are going to be pretty limited too?
Right now there doesn’t seem like there are too many bottles for sale but I would rather trade anyway if possible.

Thank you for the help. That really does clear it up a bit. I’d assume it would take lambic for some of those bottles but hopefully the more common bottles can be landed with some American beers.

Yes and no. Red Agnes has had fewer but (I think?) larger batches. People seem to perceive it as less rare because it sits on shelves. Black Agnes has had 8 batches but as production has ramped up it jas been split into multiple bottling runs so it seems to always run out right away so people think it is more limited than it is, and some flavors are just more desirable because of perceived sweetness or cost or whatever. I only addressed the items you specifically asked about before.

YMMV depending on the trader but a lot of folks who hit Schramm’s to trade prefer hype/hops over lambic. The Detroit scene is odd. They get a solid distribution from Shelton after several years of not, so that is part of it.

Yes and no. Red Agnes has had fewer but (I think?) larger batches. People seem to perceive it as less rare because it sits on shelves. Black Agnes has had 8 batches but as production has ramped up it jas been split into multiple bottling runs so it seems to always run out right away so people think it is more limited than it is, and some flavors are just more desirable because of perceived sweetness or cost or whatever. I only addressed the items you specifically asked about before.

YMMV depending on the trader but a lot of folks who hit Schramm’s to trade prefer hype/hops over lambic. The Detroit scene is odd. They get a solid distribution from Shelton after several years of not, so that is part of it.
Gotcha. Wish I had ended up trading for that Horus stout instead of live oak :oops:
Yeah I would say the first few I asked about the ones if really like to try but I now need to be realistic about what I have to offer/what I can pull.

Hey, Live Oak is pretty great. Let me know if you struggle really hard and I’ll see if I can help out. I am just super lazy. You might be able to find someone who is interested in checking out that meadery in Lancaster just for the ticks.

Hey, Live Oak is pretty great. Let me know if you struggle really hard and I’ll see if I can help out. I am just super lazy. You might be able to find someone who is interested in checking out that meadery in Lancaster just for the ticks.
Oh I’m much happier with the live oak. A great hefe I’ll drink > a pastry stout I’ll sit on and try to trade
And didn’t even think about that. Good call. Thank you.

steimie

Premium Athletic Supporter
The bottles listed as for sale at the meadery or in the online store may not be the same as what's available in area retail outlets. If you're looking for things like Marionberry, Red Agnes, Heritage, etc., you might want to go ahead and put up an ISO/FT. Each of those is on shelves at certain shops right now, but not listed as for sale online or at the main shop.

The bottles listed as for sale at the meadery or in the online store may not be the same as what's available in area retail outlets. If you're looking for things like Marionberry, Red Agnes, Heritage, etc., you might want to go ahead and put up an ISO/FT. Each of those is on shelves at certain shops right now, but not listed as for sale online or at the main shop.
In fact, I saw all of those at Cappys in Loveland, OH a week ago - not sure if there are any Cincy area TBers...

Latest posts