Europe (Other) Travel in Catalunya and Spain

Help Support Talkbeer:

Also open to suggestions for Madrid/San Sebastian/Valladolid. Will be there in July. My buddy is from Valladolid, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of suggestions as well.

San Sebastian
Best part of our trip to Spain. We are going back next year with the kid, we loved it so much.

We stayed in Gros, right across from the beach. Every pinchos spot was excellent. Our favorite was A Fuego Negro: http://www.afuegonegro.com/?lang=en. Lots of higher end spots, Michelin rate, but did not go.

Also, take the bus/car to Bilboa to check out the Guggenheim.

Also open to suggestions for Madrid/San Sebastian/Valladolid. Will be there in July. My buddy is from Valladolid, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of suggestions as well.
Valladolid
- Roots (only 4 taps, but always top beers)
- Vacceo (brewpub style)
- Breguer (13 taps)

If you need or look for something in Valladolid and I can help you, tell me :)

I'll be in Valencia for a few days in November. Madrid for a day before I fly back.

Any spots for Whiskey/beer/good food in Valencia that are a must? I've never been to Spain.

sunnrider I remember we had a brief back and forth about my upcoming trip to Spain. We decided to skip on leaving Spain for Brussels and instead take a trip to Bilbao/San Sebastian. Kind of came to this conclusion based on a few things, partly because of the high remarks from The Ryan, and partly because traveling to another country for beer seemed too much a hassle when already in a great place for food and drink.

Any suggestions for San Sebastian? Plan to spend Monday and Tuesday night in San Sebastian and Wednesday night in Bilbao before flying back to BCN. Dates are Apr 2-Apr 5, which I know Apr 2 is a part of high holiday for Easter in Spain. I'm already figuring most things will be closed that Monday, hence why we made it a travel day.

Would love to meet for pintxos or something while in the Basque mountain area!

sunnrider I remember we had a brief back and forth about my upcoming trip to Spain. We decided to skip on leaving Spain for Brussels and instead take a trip to Bilbao/San Sebastian. Kind of came to this conclusion based on a few things, partly because of the high remarks from The Ryan, and partly because traveling to another country for beer seemed too much a hassle when already in a great place for food and drink.

Any suggestions for San Sebastian? Plan to spend Monday and Tuesday night in San Sebastian and Wednesday night in Bilbao before flying back to BCN. Dates are Apr 2-Apr 5, which I know Apr 2 is a part of high holiday for Easter in Spain. I'm already figuring most things will be closed that Monday, hence why we made it a travel day.

Would love to meet for pintxos or something while in the Basque mountain area!
I actually live in the middle of San Sebastian, the mountains is just where I ride my bike ;)

Monday and Tuesday are good nights to check out the food scene, although some places close, the ones that are open will be more relaxed than at the weekend and the pintxos will be better. With only two days, I´d stay around and check out the beaches, shops and food in La Parte Vieja and Gros. Maybe head up to Monte Igueldo on the funicular, the views are worth it.

Definitely up for a few pintxos and beers .

My wife and I are doing a Barcelona trip in December, any new stuff in the year+ this thread has been inactive? I already added the various bars/breweries mentioned above to my list, but I assume some new stuff has come up. I could also use some advice on the dining scene, it seems dumb to go there and not try to do any of the Michelin restaurants, but I'm not sure how to prioritize given the sheer number... Unfortunately none of my foodie friends have been recently, so they're no help.

My wife and I are doing a Barcelona trip in December, any new stuff in the year+ this thread has been inactive? I already added the various bars/breweries mentioned above to my list, but I assume some new stuff has come up. I could also use some advice on the dining scene, it seems dumb to go there and not try to do any of the Michelin restaurants, but I'm not sure how to prioritize given the sheer number... Unfortunately none of my foodie friends have been recently, so they're no help.
Here's a thread from a Chicago foodie forum I frequent with some recent-ish input...and looks like at the same time of year last year: https://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44725

Also, I've heard nothing but good things about Tickets, as far as higher end places go.

Here's a thread from a Chicago foodie forum I frequent with some recent-ish input...and looks like at the same time of year last year: https://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44725

Also, I've heard nothing but good things about Tickets, as far as higher end places go.
I've had Tickets come up a number of times, put it on the list. A friend just opened a 2011 LPK he got at BierCab when he was in Barcelona a few years back, that and my wife's passport coming today have me pretty excited. I need to buckle down and nail down some reservations etc.

ETA: Oh man they did Figueres, I really want to go there and do the Dali museum but my wife really wants to do montserrat and I'm not sure we can do both...

Latest posts