Europe (Other) Travel to Scandinavia?

Help Support Talkbeer:

I had a great time at Oliver Twists after leaving Akkurat in December. Fancy beer or not, everyone was super friendly and having fun. There was still plenty of great things at Akkurat to make it a stop.
When we were there, it was a lot of what I could just find on the shelf at Binny's. I dont remember there being much in terms of domestic Swedish offerings or a good selection of European stuff in general. Maybe we just caught it during a lull. I mentioned it because I feel that it's worth mentioning, especially given its proximity to Akkurat/Omnipollo, just didnt feel it stood out much to make it a must stop.

Fully endorse Henrik Øl og Vinstove as a great beer bar in Bergen, Norway. Tons of beer available...primarily local beers. A fridge full of (expensive) lambic as well, if you are looking for that. Proprietor, Jonny, is awesome to talk with...very beer knowledgeable and personable.

Okay folks, I'm going to be in Stockholm later this month. Will be in town Monday May 28th - Thursday May 31st. Basically most likely leaves the evenings of the 29th and the 30th to do stuff. Is Akkurat still worth visiting? Anywhere else I should check out instead? My family and I will also be around the city during the day and my kids are 3 and 5 if there is somewhere we could go where the kids wouldn't be out of place.

After Stockholm we're heading south to Malmo and Falsterbo with one day trip to Copenhagen. Unsure what we're doing in Copenhagen though.
You should post updates about what you found to do in Malmo and Cophenhagen! Visiting in a few months and way curious.

They should still have bottles left of the most recent batch of Soleil de Minuit, that one is a must, as is 3F Zenne (should have gotten some new batch bottles).
So I know people always talk about the vintage lambic at Akkurat but does their menu stop there? I ask, because if the same rules apply to other beers (older Fantomes/DeDolle) you could still have a great time.

I'll definitely post about what we do. Not sure much will happen in Malmo but if I find anything I'll let you know. I'm hoping to find some brekeriet beers at least.

You should post updates about what you found to do in Malmo and Cophenhagen! Visiting in a few months and way curious.

So I know people always talk about the vintage lambic at Akkurat but does their menu stop there? I ask, because if the same rules apply to other beers (older Fantomes/DeDolle) you could still have a great time.
Their vintage Blaugies are nothing to sneeze at. Also some old stouts and barleywines from Sweden, US and elsewhere.

They have some vintage Trappist belgians, St Bernardus, limited Liefmans, De Dolle, no Fantome whatsoever, I think Pressklubben has 2010- Fantome. It's all very expensive.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
They have some vintage Trappist belgians, St Bernardus, limited Liefmans, De Dolle, no Fantome whatsoever, I think Pressklubben has 2010- Fantome. It's all very expensive.
That is unfortunate.
Do they still have the Stormaktsporter
Börb'nåhallon? Thought that was lovely a couple years ago.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
I think they still do, and also believe it's not as crazy expensive as some of the lambic.
Has the lambic gotten more expensive in the past couple of years? I didn't think the prices were outrageous by any means, but maybe I am misremembering.

Has the lambic gotten more expensive in the past couple of years? I didn't think the prices were outrageous by any means, but maybe I am misremembering.
Maybe 25-50% higher than when you visited, depending on which bottle you get. Soleil was something like 600 back then iirc and is close to 900 now for example. Hommage and similar is in the 6-700 range now.

Latest posts