Traveling to Norway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eatdregs

Reaction score
hey guys,

My wife and I will be Norway for 4 days in March. More specifically we will be in Bergen.

How is the beer scene in Norway? Any recommended bars in Bergen? Also is there daitribution of Lambic like Cantillon, 3F and Tilquin to bars and bottle shops in Bergen?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers!

If you have the time you should visit 7 Fjell, which is probably the best brewery in Bergen. They have a bottle shop every thursday I think. Apollon Bar is also worth a look. If youre looking for other bottle shops you should check out Gulating (only sells beer up to 4,7%) and Vinmonopolet.

Only spent time in Oslo and some places up further north, but the beer scene in Oslo was pretty solid actually. There is distro of lambic up there, not sure how prevalent it is though. We saw it at 2-3 bars while there.

Will be heading to Bergen for a long weekend in a couple of months to visit my BIL/SIL. Any restaurant musts? I'm sure they will take us around a bit, but would like to drive the train at least one day food-wise.

And yeah, I can't wait to hemorrhage cash. :eek:

I wasn’t overly impressed with Bergen - although we’d just come from hiking to Trolltunga so pretty much anything is going to be disappointing in comparison. We didn’t stay all that long and weather was a bit off when we were there. Regardless, here’s a few options

Bar Barista - Beer, waffles, funky decor
Pingvenen - Pub food, some cantillon on the bottle list (I think)
No Stress - decent cocktails
Kaffemisjonnen - solid coffee option

A bunch of places we missed out on but that we thought looked good:

Marg and Bien
Brod and Vin
Bare Restaurant

All in all, it’s Norway and it’s expensive but interesting. Fun to explore Bryggen as well.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Bergen - although we’d just come from hiking to Trolltunga so pretty much anything is going to be disappointing in comparison. We didn’t stay all that long and weather was a bit off when we were there. Regardless, here’s a few options

Bar Barista - Beer, waffles, funky decor
Pingvenen - Pub food, some cantillon on the bottle list (I think)
No Stress - decent cocktails
Kaffemisjonnen - solid coffee option

A bunch of places we missed out on but that we thought looked good:

Marg and Bien
Brod and Vin
Bare Restaurant

All in all, it’s Norway and it’s expensive but interesting. Fun to explore Bryggen as well.

Bergen was a good time but we had a lot more fun driving up through the country side to the Sogneford, absolutely stunning views. I went to Pingvenen and had some Cantillon... for an arm and a leg... but thats Norway.

Back