Traveling to Rochester Hills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtus1

Reaction score
Short little road trip. traveling through Detroit onto a concert in Auburn hills Saturday night. Will be hitting all the spots in Detroit - Slows, (maybe) jolly pumpkin, schramms, possibly b Neckar and maybe kuhnhenn. (Open to suggestion on what to skip) Primarily looking to see if there are any must hit shops/bars near Oakland university. Had my eye on clubhouse BFD for dinner but figured I'd consult the experts.....

tumblr_nq40dwFHs91qfyjoto1_500.gif

BFD gets a lot of hate here but I lived by there and went all the time. Food is good, beer is a but on the pricey side. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend BFD to you.

Sumo sushi in downtown Rochester is the spot for dinner though. I miss that place so much since I moved.

Some of the fellas will have their opinion of BFD (prices) but the selection is better than average for the area.
I'd also avoid B.Nektar. I've only been disappointed with what they've had each random time I've gone.
But it looks like you are driving all over. If you want to stop in midtown you have HopCat and Jolly Pumpkin very close to each other. Can do dinner and pours there.
If you want to hit Schramms there is One Eyed Bettys near by for pours and food as well.
Kuhnhenn is a drive from all those places and Saturday traffic on I-75 can be discouraging depending on the time you hit it.

Also, 8 Degrees Plato in midtown has No Rules on tap currently and a good bottle shop to drink and shop at.

*Andy beat me to the BFD opinion. I also recommend.

Ended up getting less time than anticipated. Went to schramms (HOD had just ran out so missed that) then hit a couple shops. **** you guys are lucky with bourbon distro. Went to one eyed Betty's for breakfast Sunday... Holy hell was that amazing.

Back