US - New England Tree House Brewing Co.

Help Support Talkbeer:

Don

Premium Supporter of Schrute Farms
Contributor
Apologies for the "rookie" question but what's the latest on when Tree House opens on Wednesdays? I see that they list 12pm but do they typically open earlier or is it at 12 on the dot?

cc: Don
Usually fairly close to 12 as far as I can tell, unless they release something crazy today and it lasts til tomorrow.... it’s all really line dependant.

So, I will be heading to Maine in a month for my annual vacation. On the way home, I plan on stopping somewhere and staying the evening. Charlton is almost the exact halfway point, and I was considering staying there on Tuesday, June 26th.

Will there be crazy lines / crowds on Tuesday evening and/or Wednesday morning? Since I have two kids, I only do beer-centric detours if they are quick and easy. Waiting in line for an hour or two is not something I plan on doing.

If Treehouse isn't an option for me, any recommendations are other locations / food / stops around that part of MA?

Don

Contributor
So, I will be heading to Maine in a month for my annual vacation. On the way home, I plan on stopping somewhere and staying the evening. Charlton is almost the exact halfway point, and I was considering staying there on Tuesday, June 26th.

Will there be crazy lines / crowds on Tuesday evening and/or Wednesday morning? Since I have two kids, I only do beer-centric detours if they are quick and easy. Waiting in line for an hour or two is not something I plan on doing.

If Treehouse isn't an option for me, any recommendations are other locations / food / stops around that part of MA?
Tues evenings are usually pretty slow starting around 6, unless there is a special release or something special left over.
Re: kids... my 4 year old asks me to go there at least once a week because he likes to run around with other kids, and there is a lot of space there. Unless it’s shitty weather, then it sucks for kids.
I wouldn’t do weds at open, people love to line up early at th.

Tues evenings are usually pretty slow starting around 6, unless there is a special release or something special left over.
Re: kids... my 4 year old asks me to go there at least once a week because he likes to run around with other kids, and there is a lot of space there. Unless it’s shitty weather, then it sucks for kids.
I wouldn’t do weds at open, people love to line up early at th.
Tuesday evening would be better for me anyway, as I assume I’ll want to start heading back to MD early-ish on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Don

Contributor
Tuesday evening would be better for me anyway, as I assume I’ll want to start heading back to MD early-ish on Wednesday.

Thanks!
No prob! Shoot me a message closer to the date, I like going Tuesdays, not sure how old your kids are but I’m sure my son would love to meet them, and I’ll buy ya a beer.

Another noob question here. How long does the line tend to be on Saturdays at opening? Trying to decide if I should head that way today or try and make a mid-week run.

Don

Contributor
Another noob question here. How long does the line tend to be on Saturdays at opening? Trying to decide if I should head that way today or try and make a mid-week run.
Tough to say today because they have a large amount of cans available at opening, so I would say pretty large, but the trillium headroom release is at 11, which should draw the beer nerds away at open....
So honestly, no idea about today lol

Welp. That was an experience. Left Boston at 10 am and sat down to drink my pour at Treehouse at 2. I don't regret going but I can't imagine ever needing to do that a second time. Let alone once a week that it seems like some do it.

Don

Contributor
Welp. That was an experience. Left Boston at 10 am and sat down to drink my pour at Treehouse at 2. I don't regret going but I can't imagine ever needing to do that a second time. Let alone once a week that it seems like some do it.
Tuesday evenings are usually pretty chill, and middays like 3-5 aren’t bad, but if you’re coming from Boston you get the traffic then

I imagine a good bulk of that 4 hrs was line at tree house as the Saturday experience there is still tough with the crowd size but my goodness was the pike awful yesterday. I was heading west myself and lost an hour on the way to north hampton

The batch of Haze from last week is among the best I've had in a very long time. No idea if it's the same batch that now seems to be showing up in stickered cans but I'd imagine it is. Seek it out!