US - New England Tree House Brewing Co.

Help Support Talkbeer:

Going to be stopping by Saturday morning at opening on the way to a wedding in Amherst. What should I expect? Is there going to be a huge line?

I'd expect a huge line that moves pretty efficiently. There's a useful Facebook group to join for a day or few, Treehouse brewing line updates, if that might be of interest.

Going to be stopping by Saturday morning at opening on the way to a wedding in Amherst. What should I expect? Is there going to be a huge line?
Is the wedding Saturday? There are a couple breweries in the area that are worth a look including Amherst Brewing Company (located in the restaurant called The Hangar), Brick and Feather in Turner's Falls, and Honest Weight in Orange

I'd expect a huge line that moves pretty efficiently. There's a useful Facebook group to join for a day or few, Treehouse brewing line updates, if that might be of interest.
We talking 15 minutes? 2 hours? Depends on what hyped haze cans are released? Worthwhile to show up an hour early? I'd like to minimize the amount of beer bullshit I put my wife through on this.

Is the wedding Saturday? There are a couple breweries in the area that are worth a look including Amherst Brewing Company (located in the restaurant called The Hangar), Brick and Feather in Turner's Falls, and Honest Weight in Orange
It is, but probably too early unless we skip Treehouse.

We talking 15 minutes? 2 hours? Depends on what hyped haze cans are released? Worthwhile to show up an hour early? I'd like to minimize the amount of beer bullshit I put my wife through on this.
Most likely a long fucking line at opening but it does move about as quickly as a long as fuck line can possibly move.

I'd count on a minimum 30-60 minutes waiting, but there are unpredictable factors here

If you join FB lines update page (suggested earlier), there is a post for each day that they are open. Read the comments for the past few Saturdays to get an idea on how the lines have been. The biggest wild card is what they are releasing on Friday. If they do a whale via a silent release, then expect bigger crowds on Saturday.

Also, if you just want pours and no cans, there is a separate line (to the left of the main one) where you can just buy your drink tickets. Otherwise, you get cans and pour tickets from the main line (the longer one).

If you arrive an hour early, I'd expect to be out within 15-20 minutes of opening, but what do I know.

Jesus, that fb is in depth. Helpful obviously, but man these lines are serious business. I'll probably propose getting there at ten on saturday with a must leave by 11:30 cans or no.

So I might have to settle for draft only. There appears to be a separate, shorter line for this. Is it safe to assume I can get a pour getting there 10/10:30 being out by 11:30?

So I might have to settle for draft only. There appears to be a separate, shorter line for this. Is it safe to assume I can get a pour getting there 10/10:30 being out by 11:30?
The wait for pours is just as bad as the can line. Go trough the can line and get the 2 tickets pours and if I were you, I would grab the two pours by just going trough the line once. An hour can be razor close, but good enough.

The wait for pours is just as bad as the can line. Go trough the can line and get the 2 tickets pours and if I were you, I would grab the two pours by just going trough the line once. An hour can be razor close, but good enough.
I've gotten great joy watching assholes try to carry and or kick along 4-5 cases through the pour line for an hour or so.

Is this a Saturday issue? The handful of times I've been during the week, the pour only line has been non-existent...

Is this a Saturday issue? The handful of times I've been during the week, the pour only line has been non-existent...
Unfortunately. Tuesdays are great to go for pours. Saturdays range from 30 minutes to an hour.

Visited for the first time in months yesterday. Wednesday early afternoon was quite lax. 3 minute wait for pours, and maybe 5 minutes for cans to go. Was happy to score Doppelganger and Haze which are my two favorites. Wasn't much a fan of DDH Alter Ego

I don't pay much attention to TH anymore largely by virtue of not living in MA these days - but I happen to still follow them on social media, so can someone explain to me what the deal with using the old can labels is all the time now instead of the printed cans?

I don't pay much attention to TH anymore largely by virtue of not living in MA these days - but I happen to still follow them on social media, so can someone explain to me what the deal with using the old can labels is all the time now instead of the printed cans?
I believe they're using old stickers while they wait for more stock of the printed cans to arrive.