Triangle, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caaam

Reaction score
R1fdEt3.gif

(Figure there's at least merit to this thread existing)

JulianB since you've left facebook I figured I would tag you here. Much shorter trip than driving all the way up to VT and you could even crash at the house.

wuntrikpony you and Cam coming over this way?

Can't speak for Dave, but I will be working, and there is reason to believe Dave won't necessarily have to drive all the way to Durham that day for similar options.

So the rumor is that casita is distributing Hill Farmstead to NC starting Friday? Is that why I saw some bottles of Arctic Saison on the shelves the other day?

Hi.

Can I also get some food truck rec’s in this thread. Preference to authentic tacos.

Nothing here is authentic...

Just come down to the casa for a share. My girl will whip up some ****...her salsa verde is fantastic. We don’t do meat, but ceviche can definitely happen.
Agree with this. Food at Dave's is always solid.

Ah, I don't recall having seen anchorage beers around before.
They don't sell super well but there are some bottles of whiteout wit (a super underrated beer) on some shelves around downtown Raleigh bottle shops at least. Drops are few and far between though, I don't think their distributor sells them very quickly.

Hopefully we can talk about Hopfly...Rocky Mount is Triangle adjacent.
We can talk about Hopfly - best IPAs east of Charlotte are made there IMO

You guys like Hopfly more than New Anthem?
I do… but I think they're different. Hopfly stuff in general is a lot cleaner IMO. Much lighter body, more of a focus on IPAs than doubles. Admittedly, I've gotten to drink a lot more hopfly than New Anthem, and I tend to prefer the lighter stuff in that style, but that's why I prefer hopfly. I also just absolutely love beach beer, especially for $13/4pk and reliable availability, much more than rushing out the door for New Anthem cans.

I'm jaded and lazy, I guess is what I'm saying.

Hopfly and New Anthem are on the same level. Also very curious about R&D...have loved the modern west coast IPA and Mexican Lager in cans. Their hazy **** has been on draft around town and I’ve really enjoyed it.

I probably missed them all already, but are there any good Oktoberfest events in the triangle?
The best one, though small, is at Capital Club. I'll likely be there tomorrow evening - it'll be all marzens and festbeers on tap, and they do a more traditional German food menu with it. White street does a fun one, not sure when it is this year, but lots of pilot batch German beers. I'm sure there are more but those are the two I like enough to seek out.

I'll be in town tomorrow for the HF event at Sam's and to pick up all my member bottles at Barrel Culture. Anything else going on I should know about? Will likely try to hit Bhavana at some point, and I need to pick up a few brew supplies. caaam you working? I'll likely drop in to Tasty at some point if so.

I'll be in town tomorrow for the HF event at Sam's and to pick up all my member bottles at Barrel Culture. Anything else going on I should know about? Will likely try to hit Bhavana at some point, and I need to pick up a few brew supplies. caaam you working? I'll likely drop in to Tasty at some point if so.

If you find yourself in North Raleigh, Lynwood Brewing Concern has an excellent juicy haze bro double IPA on tap. They also have great food and tons of football on.

R&D brewing is doing a popup event at their brewery(which is generally not open to the public)

Weather looks like it will be nice, so I'll be biking/drinking around Raleigh. Holllla

Work till 5, down to cause trouble around downtown anytime after that

Very tentative plan since I'm leaving later than intended (friend who's coming with me couldn't leave until 11am due to his daughter's soccer or some ****):

1. Sam's at 2pm for the HF event
2. quick stop at Barrel Culture to grab bottles
3. some combo of Bhavana/R&D/Tasty Bev/Atlantic homebrew in some order
4. probably LBC for food and some of the Oregon/Washington game

Might switch up 3 and 4.

Back