Tributary Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan1212

Reaction score
Todd Mott's new spot in Kittery, Maine opened on the 6th of this month.

Currently have 3 beers on tap.

Pale Ale at 4.7%
Gose at 6%
London Brown at 4.2%

All are available for 4oz tasters ($1.50) or 12oz pours ($4). Also available for 32oz or 64oz growler fills [both are screw-top growlers].

https://www.facebook.com/tributarybrewingcompany

Hours:
Wed-Sat 12-7 pm
Sundays 1-5 pm

I personally really enjoy the Pale Ale. I can see myself getting a growler or two a few times a month. The Gose was more like a Belgian Single (tasted very much like a Belgian yeast rather than any German style, but the tasting room attendant tried to assure me it was German.) London Brown was well made and very crushable at 4.2% but the Pale Ale took the cake for me.

Coming up in the next 10 days that said was an IPA, and Wet Hopped IPA, and a Saison. Very excited to see how Todd's larger % hoppy beers turn out.

They also have Willi Becher pints and some cool-shaped tasters for sale along with apparel and growler holders.

Cheers,
Evan

Last edited:
Looks like the Hop Harvest is on tap!

"What does 100 #'s of fresh Centennial hops from Moxie, WA add up to? Tod's wet Hop Harvest on tap this evening!! Hope to see you over the weekend! Cheers!"

How do Mott's beers compare to the stuff he brewed in Portsmouth?

I dont want to knock on the guy because he is a legendary brewer in this region and I remember liking many different beers he's made, but a lot of people have been super excited about his new brewery even though he's been out of the game for a while. The beers he brewed at Pbrew are yesterday's news these days, including Kate the Great - tastes have changed. I'm wondering if he's evolved at all or keeping it the same.

Last edited:
The Pale Ale competes with the big boys IMHO. He's got the juiciness all the nerds are looking for and the mouthfeel is great, plus it's a true pale ale at 4.7%.

Last edited:
I went last Saturday. The Hop Harvest and the Pale Ale were pretty solid but nothing really stood out for me as must have. I did grab a growler of the Hop Harvest, but I definitely preferred the Stoneface offerings I had before. London brown was apparently a happy accident when brewing a porter. I thought it was easy to drink and pretty decent. The Gose didn't do much for me though.

I'm looking forward to trying the saison and IPA when they are released, as well as whatever he has planned for Kate. The couple next to us asked the lady serving and she said they would be doing some kind of Kate recipe stout soon (not sure I 100% believed her though.)

How do Mott's beers compare to the stuff he brewed in Portsmouth

Based on what I tasted, most is pretty in line with what he brewed at Portsmouth, but perhaps a little updated to suit current tastes. Worth a stop IMO if you are headed up in the area.

Are they still selling 2 stickers, 2 tasting glasses, and a t-shirt for $100? Or did I miss out on that when the kickstarter ended?

Back