Trip to Trillium Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bahamut6565

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm visiting the Trillium Brewery for the first time this Saturday, and I was hoping to get some input from people who have been there. A couple questions:

1. Should I plan for a line? I intend to show up around 12. Should I be there earlier, or later when a potential line dies down?

2. What should the beer priorities be? I plan to spend about $40 and am thinking about getting a 64oz growler of Congress Street, a bottle of Fort Point, and a bottle of Pot and Kettle. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks!

There is hardly ever a line unless there is a heavily advertised bottle release or right after work. I mostly go there on weekdays because I work nearby, but I don't think you will encounter a wait at all on Saturday.

Trillium just tweeted that Congress St kicked for growlers, but they still have it in bottles. This is what I would reccommend:

1) 64 oz growler of Fort Point
2) Bottle of Congress Street IPA
3) Bottle of Pot & Kettle with cold brewed Barrington Coffee (this is being released today and should last till saturday)
4) whatever else you're interested in that brings you to your $40.

Out of the remaining bottles, I like Wakerobin. I haven't tried Stonington yet and I've had mixed results with Lineage Wheat.

You can keep tabs on their twitter account and this page for what they currently have:
http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/beers/find-trillium-2/

PS: If you're interested in grabbing some other local craft, Fort Point Market is right next door and has a nice selection.

Last edited:
There is hardly ever a line unless there is a heavily advertised bottle release or right after work. I mostly go there on weekdays because I work nearby, but I don't think you will encounter a wait at all on Saturday.

Trillium just tweeted that Congress St kicked for growlers, but they still have it in bottles. This is what I would reccommend:

1) 64 oz growler of Fort Point
2) Bottle of Congress Street IPA
3) Bottle of Pot & Kettle with cold brewed Barrington Coffee (this is being released today and should last till saturday)
4) whatever else you're interested in that brings you to your $40.

Out of the remaining bottles, I like Wakerobin. I haven't tried Stonington yet and I've had mixed results with Lineage Wheat.

You can keep tabs on their twitter account and this page for what they currently have:
http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/wordpress_blog/beers/find-trillium-2/

PS: If you're interested in grabbing some other local craft, For Point Market is right next door and has a nice selection.

You just took care of everything I wanted to know.
If Congress Street is unavailable, then I think I'll go with your recommendation. The Pot & Kettle with coffee sounds fantastic.

Thanks brother.

Hi All,
I'm visiting the Trillium Brewery for the first time this Saturday, and I was hoping to get some input from people who have been there. A couple questions:

1. Should I plan for a line? I intend to show up around 12. Should I be there earlier, or later when a potential line dies down?

2. What should the beer priorities be? I plan to spend about $40 and am thinking about getting a 64oz growler of Congress Street, a bottle of Fort Point, and a bottle of Pot and Kettle. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks!

It's also not a very long visit. It's a small place and of course you can taste and spend some time, but there's really not much to see or do. Head over next door to Row 34 for food/drinks to make it worth the while.

It's also not a very long visit. It's a small place and of course you can taste and spend some time, but there's really not much to see or do. Head over next door to Row 34 for food/drinks to make it worth the while.

My wife will appreciate this advice. She's not a beer fan, so she's not exactly pumped to tag along. Food will make it better. We're also stopping by Boston Winery along the way to keep her happy.

Back