Upland Sour Lottery (July)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised to see Sour Reserve available. They must have made a **** ton or they have a select few left over from the Barrel Society Members.

School me on the Sour Reserve series? That extra enamel stripping

Yanked from Ratebeer:

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Blended Sour Ale aged in oak wine barrels.

We began our sour ale project in 2006 with only four oak barrels previously used to store red wine. The number has grown over the years, along with the amount of sour ale we’ve brewed. Each barrel develops unique characteristics as it ferments independently, and just as Belgian brewers have been doing for centuries, we sought out our favorite barrels, ranging in age from one to three years old, for blending. By blending the sour ale from these barrels together in various amounts, we created in this bottle a live harmony of tartness, fruitiness and layers of flavor that can never be replicated. We hope you enjoy it with friends, whenever and wherever.

Currently, this entry holds all BLENDS

BLEND 1: Batch Years Blended - 2006 (Original Batch), 2008, 2010 - Bottled 12/13/2010
BLEND 2: Batch Years Blended - Two Different 2008 Batches - Bottled 3/16/2012
BLEND 3: Batch Years Blended - 2008 and 2009 - Bottled 3/25/2013
BLEND 4: Batch Years Blended - 2008, 2010, and 2013 - Bottled 8/28/2013

For my personal tastes the Sour Reserves are much more complex and enjoyable than the one note, intensely sour fruited lambics.

does one need to be there in person to pick bottles up? or can i convince someone to help a bro out?
If you give someone your ID and cash they can pick it up for you. You just have to let them know which Upland location you have bottles at (you designate that at the check out portion of the tickets).

If you give someone your ID and cash they can pick it up for you. You just have to let them know which Upland location you have bottles at (you designate that at the check out portion of the tickets).
my state issue ID? or an ID number from the site?
eitherway good info to know

edit: just read it could be a photocopy which is cool.

It's getting harder for me to open my wallet to the Upland sours. I could pay $27.50 for a bottle of Upland "Lambic" that might be great, a gusher, and/or heart burning acidic, or I could buy a 375ml of Golden Blend for $22. I just don't see how Golden Blend looses in this scenario.

couldn't agree more... i loved it when i could pick them up on the shelf for like $18, but even then wouldn't do it too often. But **** $25 for a sour-as-hell AWA? tough to do more than once in a while. Etre/BiaB has forever altered my perspective on how much sour beer should cost.

It's getting harder for me to open my wallet to the Upland sours. I could pay $27.50 for a bottle of Upland "Lambic" that might be great, a gusher, and/or heart burning acidic, or I could buy a 375ml of Golden Blend for $22. I just don't see how Golden Blend looses in this scenario.

They were particularly good when half a glass of the corresponding wine was dumped into them.

Agreed, they were lacking a bit in the grape character. Still buying a boatload of them apparently, Upland wants all my money.

Agreed, they were lacking a bit in the grape character. Still buying a boatload of them apparently, Upland wants all my money.
Yeah I maxed out. I figure someone will want them and I can spray my Upland goodness all over their chest.

Works out to about $1 more a beer for the right to get more and bypass lottery.

Yeah, that's crazy.

$250 / eight releases

Eu17Ea9.jpg

$1 a bottle!

every batch of sour reserve i've tasted (2,3,4) has been worth 25 bucks, hands down.

anxiously awaiting my email. i remember their email blasts having delay problems with gmail accounts, so i hope that's what's going on here...

Back