Resolved Uploading pictures

Help Support Talkbeer:

Is there a chance we can have an icon to upload directly from our phone? I usually take all my pics with my phone and have trouble uploading them to places like imgur for some reason. If I want to post pics, I usually have to send the image to myself, then upload at my home computer which tends to be more work than its worth.

[Mod edit 10/31/2013 - New feature: Embed Instagram photos]

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkIntihar

Staff member
I'm sure Gene has a better answer for this, but I believe in order to post an image on this site it needs to be hosted on another platform (imgur, photobucket, etc.), and I don't believe the forum software supports uploading pictures directly to the site.

I could be completely wrong though.

Photobucket is easy to use with a phone. They have a App that will upload any photo taken from your phone and give you the IMG code and then you can just copy and paste it here.

I belong to another forum, and you can upload from your desktop with a click of the button. Loading to another site then bringing it here is tedious.

I belong to another forum, and you can upload from your desktop with a click of the button. Loading to another site then bringing it here is tedious.
A busy forum cannot accommodate the space and bandwidth of serving up images unless the site operator is willing to spend a fortune.

This site is so heavily based on photo/video/gif sharing, that it would not be worth the investment. Plus, with most of our phones taking pictures of over 6 megapixels and 2-3 megabytes a piece, they add up very quickly. But if Gene is sitting on a 50 TB server, then let's do it!

Gene

Just happy to be here
This site is so heavily based on photo/video/gif sharing, that it would not be worth the investment. Plus, with most of our phones taking pictures of over 6 megapixels and 2-3 megabytes a piece, they add up very quickly. But if Gene is sitting on a 50 TB server, then let's do it!
I am most definitely not.

Gene

Just happy to be here
There are a lot of very cheap web hosting services around. For sub-$10 a month, anybody can get a .com address and use an FTP app to upload pictures to their own server. Just sayin'.

Latest posts