Quantcast

US - Mid-Atlantic Upstate NY thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Having been peripherally involved in these things before, unfortunately once it gets to the point where they've seized the building it's very unlikely the.place will reopen.

Sad.

"The $698,597.72 in overdue tax includes penalties and interest. The penalty is an amount equal to twice the amount of the tax not paid, plus 14.5 percent interest on the unpaid tax, according to the tax department."

Pay your taxes or the state is going in dry.

Hung out at Hudson Valley Brewery yesterday. Amazing space and if their beer is as good as what they brewed at Bacchus, Beacon is going to be in for a treat. Also they have the coolest brewery dog ever. That is all.

Hung out at Hudson Valley Brewery yesterday. Amazing space and if their beer is as good as what they brewed at Bacchus, Beacon is going to be in for a treat. Also they have the coolest brewery dog ever. That is all.
Bacchus brewers moved to this place?

Good to know. Now I don't have to cross the river.

What happened, or was this always the plan?
Yeah, brewing at Bacchus was just their come up. They were working on a 3 bbl system in the kitchen of the restaurant. Now they have a place of their own with a 30 bbl brew house, a barrel cellar, a bunch of foudres, a tasting room, an event space. I have a feeling they are going to be one of the best breweries, not only in NY, but the entire north east. They brewed a bunch of mixed culture stuff at Sloop that has already been in wine barrels for 7+ months and some spontaneously fermented stuff they did at Kent Falls for future "lambic style" blends. They should have barrel aged beer ready to go when they open their doors.

Last edited:
Nice tap list at tiny little 163 tap room in Lake George.......with a very pleasant surprise. First time I've seen Hillfarmstead kegs in Lake George, but from talking with the bartender won't be the last......sweet!
Ha! I was there the same day!

Yeah, brewing at Bacchus was just their come up. They were working on a 3 bbl system in the kitchen of the restaurant. Now they have a place of their own with a 30 bbl brew house, a barrel cellar, a bunch of foudres, a tasting room, an event space. I have a feeling they are going to be one of the best breweries, not only in NY, but the entire north east. They brewed a bunch of mixed culture stuff at Sloop that has already been in wine barrels for 7+ months and some spontaneously fermented stuff they did at Kent Falls for future "lambic style" blends. They should have barrel aged beer ready to go when they open their doors.
Tried 2 of their beers at Sour'd in September at Capt Lawrence, Amulet and Imago. Both were amazing, probably the best beers at the festival.

Latest posts