Upstate NY thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61_m.gif

Hasn't been set yet, unfortunately. George is trying to negotiate some of the special release kegs, but given there are about 30+ events happening in NY within a three day period, I'm not hopeful.

I'm planning on trading for 2-3 bottles of something decent from Bell's so we have something to crack open and share at the bar regardless.

Looks like Price Chopper stepped up their game. Mix a 6 for 9.99 with nearly 30 choices. I'm a happy man. Also? Bells is ****ing EVERYWHERE. Anywhere I have been that sells beer has it. Distro pushing it HARD it seems. Works for me. Shorter beer runs for me.

Last edited:
SUPER excited to see some more awesome Michigan beer and mead creeping into NY, especially where us Upstate plebs can get our hands on it. I might have to go crack my Episode 13 to celebrate!

Also, I every much enjoyed the Bell's event at the Blue Tusk in Syracuse tonight. I was bummed to not have any Oarsman, but Le Batteur was a very nice surprise instead.

SUPER excited to see some more awesome Michigan beer and mead creeping into NY, especially where us Upstate plebs can get our hands on it. I might have to go crack my Episode 13 to celebrate!

Also, I every much enjoyed the Bell's event at the Blue Tusk in Syracuse tonight. I was bummed to not have any Oarsman, but Le Batteur was a very nice surprise instead.

I got mixed reviews on Oarsman and passed. A couple of guys who's opinions I respect didn't speak highly of it. If they have singles I will grab one to give it a shot.

I got mixed reviews on Oarsman and passed. A couple of guys who's opinions I respect didn't speak highly of it. If they have singles I will grab one to give it a shot.
Oarsman has a great taste but is cheese and feet on the nose. Off putting for the style if you ask me (although Larry Bell vehemently denies it being a Berliner).

Really? The first time I had one when visiting my brother-in-law in Indiana I thought, "cool, an easy-to-get berliner in a 6 pack". Go figure.
You'll only ever see it referred to as a "wheat ale" using "traditional sour mash methods" or a "flavorful session ale".

It's definitely a Berliner in my book.

Last edited:
So Westchester is too upstate for NYC and too downstate for everyone else? jeez we can't win.

Anyone heading to Rushing Duck for Dog's Bollocks release tomorrow? Should be an awesome time, very excited to finally try this one.

So Westchester is too upstate for NYC and too downstate for everyone else? jeez we can't win.

Anyone heading to Rushing Duck for Dog's Bollocks release tomorrow? Should be an awesome time, very excited to finally try this one.
Just heard about it. Can you add more info here?

Just heard about it. Can you add more info here?
From their FB page:
Beer Release Saturday November 2! Dog's Bollocks our barrel-aged English Barleywine is finally bottled! The beer has been partially aged in bourbon barrels from Warwick Valley Winery and Distillery for almost a year. Bottles will be on sale at the brewery only for $14 for 750ml. Bottles are limited so there is a 6 per person limit. Hope to see you Saturday!!!
521745_537562286330564_1775349348_n.jpg

I might head down later in the day. I like those guys a lot and want to support them.

They are making some very tasty beers, I'm sure this will not disappoint. Gotta love the locally sourced bourbon barrels!

Galeville had a healthy supply of Backwoods today. Also all the 50/50 and Bois that your $30 can buy.

Cuse people, any rumblings on the the deal is for Black Friday BCBS releases?
I haven't heard anything specifically, but for regular BCBS I would think the normal shops that tend to carry it would have it (Party Source, Galeville, etc.) I actually am never around for Black Friday (family is from out of state) so I usually have to come back and see what's still on the shelves the week after :( That being said I was able to land a couple bottles of Cherry Rye and BCBCS last year, so I'd say your chance are decent if the variations make it here. FWIW, Party Source is fairly active on their Facebook page so I'll shoot a message to them over there and see what their response is.

I haven't heard anything specifically, but for regular BCBS I would think the normal shops that tend to carry it would have it (Party Source, Galeville, etc.) I actually am never around for Black Friday (family is from out of state) so I usually have to come back and see what's still on the shelves the week after :( That being said I was able to land a couple bottles of Cherry Rye and BCBCS last year, so I'd say your chance are decent if the variations make it here. FWIW, Party Source is fairly active on their Facebook page so I'll shoot a message to them over there and see what their response is.

Awesome. Thanks. And if the answer is favorable I have zero issues grabbing you whatever if you aren't going to the be around that day.

Awesome. Thanks. And if the answer is favorable I have zero issues grabbing you whatever if you aren't going to the be around that day.
Party Source Party Line is as follows: "I'm planning on it Mike, but will keep you posted if we don't get it at that time. Cheers". So who knows. They seem to get a piece of whatever action DOES make it to Syracuse, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did get an allotment of something. They were the source of my one bottle of KBS this year that I then BIF'd away, haha. I wouldn't hate it if you happened to grab any extras on my account though. My parents live in a wasteland of distribution in rural NH so my goandpickitup options will be very limited. My IP meets of folks on the interwebs have been limited, so it'd be fun to share a couple pints.

Back