Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Reaction score
Well it is official, I will be moving from Maine down to Virginia this summer for a work transfer. I'll be working in VA Beach and living in the Hampton Roads region (final location TBD). Excited to get down there.

I would love to get to know some Talkbeerians in the area and in Virginia as a whole. Always up for nice chill bottle shares with friends, also into golf, disc golf, good food, whiskey, concerts, outdoors, etc. I'll be bringing a stocked cellar full of Allagash, Oxbow, and various other goodies down with me that I would very much enjoy sharing with people.

I saw that Virginia also doesn't appear to have its own comprehensive thread on here. Yes it's a big state but hell, Texas has its own thread, why can't we? :)

Please feel free to reach out and I'll post up again when the move is near. Looking like early July.

Cheers and hope to meet some of you soon!

Last edited:
Hit me up if you ever come to Richmond (you know, to stock up on Veil, Answer, and Triple Crossing hoppy offerings), happy to crack a few bottles or grab some beers in the area.Oddly enough, my good buddy (not a big craft beer guy) is moving from Portland to Brooklyn, so my Allagash stash will now be non existent. Also, you will very much want to check out Esoteric in VA Beach. Amazing food, and great craft beer list.

What's the scene like at Ashlin? Like if I show up at 4-5 on a Saturday, will I have to wait a long time to get a seat or fill a crowler?

Anyone frequent Hardywood up in Richmond? I'd be happy to set up some some exchanges for some tasty Boston brews - Trillium, Nightshift, Clown Shoes, Cambridge Brewing Co, Downeast etc. Also I will be traveling to VT for Alchemist cases as well as stopping at HF so lmk.

Anyone frequent Hardywood up in Richmond? I'd be happy to set up some some exchanges for some tasty Boston brews - Trillium, Nightshift, Clown Shoes, Cambridge Brewing Co, Downeast etc. Also I will be traveling to VT for Alchemist cases as well as stopping at HF so lmk.

Tree House? Trillium? Allagash? Come on guys... o_O

Tree House? Trillium? Allagash? Come on guys... o_O
Overkill. Look at what they have available, let me know what you want, and I'm happy to send it out for cost + label. I have too many ipa's (and beers) in the fridge at the moment for a trade. However, happy to work out something else when GBS comes out in the winter, if you'd like. Cheers!

Overkill. Look at what they have available, let me know what you want, and I'm happy to send it out for cost + label. I have too many ipa's (and beers) in the fridge at the moment for a trade. However, happy to work out something else when GBS comes out in the winter, if you'd like. Cheers!

Sam - don't help a shitlord skirt the rules. He can't post in the trade forums so he's using this as his trade forum. Let him become part of the community before he starts taking advantage of good souls like you.

Read this and get acquainted with the site. This place is about community first, trading is something that comes well after. Those are our priorities. **** with them and you'll regret it. History repeats itself.

I can stop at exactly one brewery in Richmond. Which one should it be?

Yeah, even without the surprise visit from Cigar City, Mekong/Answer would have been one of the best beer stops I've ever made. Hell, even if the taplist wasn't a quarter as extensive, the pho alone was worth the trip. It's up there with Lord Hobo, Threepenny, Map Room, and Blue Palms.

I agree wholeheartedly. Did you try Decoherence? It was very good, but lacking on coconut and coffee, in my opinion. Honestly, other than Good Nightmare, the best beers on draft were Andall beers.
Yeah, I talked with a buddy who had had Decoherence fresh, and he said the coconut has faded a ton. It was my first time trying it, and while solid, I see what he said was talking about. The Andalls will always be some of the better beers on tap, will be crushing more of the stouts as the weather gets a little cooler here in the Fall.

Yeah, even without the surprise visit from Cigar City, Mekong/Answer would have been one of the best beer stops I've ever made. Hell, even if the taplist wasn't a quarter as extensive, the pho alone was worth the trip. It's up there with Lord Hobo, Threepenny, Map Room, and Blue Palms.

Please... don't put Lord Hobo on a list like this.... :(

As bmh_the_1legend & brother_kenneth will tell you, Roanoke has the Flying Mouse which will blow up soon!

On a side note, Veil & The Answer are both really good spots. Also hit up the Lynnhaven Pub if you are out at the beach.
Thanks for the tag, Dan! But yeah to follow his statement, FM is on the brink of exploding on the craft beer scene. Here's their brown ale I had a couple weeks ago:
OTYhGXA.jpg

Thanks for the tag, Dan! But yeah to follow his statement, FM is on the brink of exploding on the craft beer scene. Here's their brown ale I had a couple weeks ago:
OTYhGXA.jpg
Pretty sure that was the worst brown ale i've ever had. No offense if you guys aren't joking.

Back