Visiting Boston - If I only have time for 4 bars...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cambridge Brewing Company, Lord Hobo, Row 34, Publick House. (Replace the publick House with Armsby Abbey if you have the ability to get a good deal outside of the city)

Cambridge Brewing Company, Lord Hobo, Row 34, Publick House. (Replace the publick House with Armsby Abbey if you have the ability to get a good deal outside of the city)

This, although I would replace Lord Hobo (it pains me to say it, but srs) with Armsby. At this point I'm much happier going to Publick House than Hobo.

Anyone been to Brewer's Fork yet?

I went on Tuesday, somehow convinced the girlfriend to go for HER birthday. Taplist was strong, but not as good as it had been when they opened a few days earlier. I got an OEC Solaris. I liked the decor. Food was pretty good, but didn't blow me away as much as I had hoped; My expectations were pretty high though, so could be an expectations management issue. We didn't try any small plates (just oyster and 2 pizzas), but they all sounded good. The shortribs on the Shortrib pizza were super tender and really good and I liked the crust a lot (doughy the way I like it, not stupid thin crust), but it fell apart/sagged in the middle like crazy and so was almost impossible to eat. My girlfriend liked the Squash one a lot, although not as much as the butternut squash from Otto which is her favorite.

A crazy, drunk local townie guy got kicked out while we were there, so that's always good entertainment (but they handled it well/quietly).

I went on Tuesday, somehow convinced the girlfriend to go for HER birthday.

2a50a6de84db99fb075cacf498ea576791fc3bf5547528dbd444ea3dfe48abc7.jpg

I went on Tuesday, somehow convinced the girlfriend to go for HER birthday. Taplist was strong, but not as good as it had been when they opened a few days earlier. I got an OEC Solaris. I liked the decor. Food was pretty good, but didn't blow me away as much as I had hoped; My expectations were pretty high though, so could be an expectations management issue. We didn't try any small plates (just oyster and 2 pizzas), but they all sounded good. The shortribs on the Shortrib pizza were super tender and really good and I liked the crust a lot (doughy the way I like it, not stupid thin crust), but it fell apart/sagged in the middle like crazy and so was almost impossible to eat. My girlfriend liked the Squash one a lot, although not as much as the butternut squash from Otto which is her favorite.

A crazy, drunk local townie guy got kicked out while we were there, so that's always good entertainment (but they handled it well/quietly).

To be fair Otto's squash pizza is one of the greatest ever.

Back