US - Northwest Visiting Oregon

Help Support Talkbeer:

I'm heading out to Oregon in a week to visit Portland and Bend. Haven't been to Bend in probably 3 years and never been to Portland. Looking of recommendations of things maybe off the beaten path. I plan to hit de garde, hair of the dog, upright, cascade, Apex and Belmont when in Portland. And plan to hit Deschutes, boneyard, bend brewing, and Crux in bend.

Also anyone interested in getting together for beers or sharing some bottles shoot me a message. Would love to meet some new faces.

Cheers!

Bobby

Thanks Ryan_G

I'll definitely check the place out. I've taken the Deschutes tour before and loved it. Will probably take it again now that it's been a few years.

-Commons! Haven't visited since they moved to their new tasting room but those guys are good people.
-Breakside Brewing
-Pok Pok for dinner (Thai. Get there early. Try the drinking vinegar. Srs.).
-Tastey & Alder for crazy good breakfast.
-Lardo for Lunch

I've only been to Portland once but I did the Sage spreadsheet guided tour and we killed it.

Honorable mention to Reverend Nats if you're into Apple Beers.

I'll be out there in a couple weeks as well. Thanks for the suggestions! benbikes4beer You have a link to this spreadsheet tour?!

I've been to Portland once, but excited to finally hit up Upright and the new Commons. I'm planning on Seraveza, Cascade and Breakside and hitting the coast for a couple days as well.

Speaking of touching tips at De Garde, anyone going to be around on the Sunday after (May 2nd)? I was going to bring up some CO goodies to share if anyone was interested.

Speaking of touching tips at De Garde, anyone going to be around on the Sunday after (May 2nd)? I was going to bring up some CO goodies to share if anyone was interested.
I'm hoping to stop by (as long as I can convince the rest of the group), since we'll be driving from Pacific City back to Portland and de Garde is on the way.

Eat at Chow for breakfast or lunch in Bend. It is an all time favorite with great food. Nearby is Johns Market with a good selection of bottles.

Also do the Deschutes tour and the nearby park has stand up paddle boarding on the river.
Just be careful with some of the hoppy stuff at Johns. There are some beers that sit there for a while. They do have a great selection and good pricing though.

If you have the time while in Bend, I'd add Silver Moon and Sunriver Brewing to the list. If you haven't been before, check out Crow's Feet Commons and Broken Top Bottle Shop (food here is good too).

Last edited: