US - Northwest Visiting Oregon

Help Support Talkbeer:

steimie

Premium Athletic Supporter
Family trip to Newport in June. Suggestions on breweries and pubs within an hour or so of there? Will drive up to Pacific City for Pelican and hit Block 15 in Corvalis. Prefer places with food that I can reasonably expect to bring a 5 year old and wife that doesn't drink beer.

Family trip to Newport in June. Suggestions on breweries and pubs within an hour or so of there? Will drive up to Pacific City for Pelican and hit Block 15 in Corvalis. Prefer places with food that I can reasonably expect to bring a 5 year old and wife that doesn't drink beer.
Drive to Portland and I’ll buy you a beer.

Gigantic caveat because it’s Rogue, but their location near the aquarium has a pretty nice view.

steimie

Premium Athletic Supporter
Drive to Portland and I’ll buy you a beer.

Gigantic caveat because it’s Rogue, but their location near the aquarium has a pretty nice view.
Unfortunately, this trip doesn't allow for any time in Portland, but I'll take a raincheck.

We're within walking distance of Rogue and I figure there has to be something good on tap.

My favorite beer so far this year was a wheat IPA at Depoe Bay Brewing. Their stout was solid, too. Same with their IPA. Cool space, right across from the whale watching center. Food was just ok, but beer and the scenery make it worth a stop.
We are fishing out of Depoe Bay. Seems like the perfect spot for lunch

Staying in Lincoln City next week. Not really interested in driving to Tillamook just to get the enamel stripped off my teeth...again.

Any new spots we should check out?

Noted
Edit: but farther than I want to drive. Getting a place right on the beach so minimizing time in the car is a must.
Not really sure what would be new to you or not, but Pacific City is only 30 minutes away. Pelican's pub there is cool.