VT (Waterbury area) Memorial Day Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Os

Reaction score
so news broke that Lawson's is doing their Waitsfield Market the same Saturday as HF's Waterbury takeover... just waiting for Alchemist to announce their pop up sale (credit benz08 )

so who's going to the end of the beer world?

Os, we'll be there starting thursday mid-day and leaving to come back south on sunday. I have to get with you at some point anyways as RVA owes you some things... we'll have to get some brews in together at some point

Definitely, Nic! I'll bring some bottles up to open... got the house in Stowe for 6 nights, so definitely some BBQ and beer going on.

I'm getting a couple growlers shipped out for the trip from Cellarmaker...

I'll be getting into town on Weds... doing the usual HF, Montp, Waterbury thing that day...
Thursday I'm heading to Montreal with acurtis
Friday is up in the air...
I'm now confused about Saturday though. I'll probably do the Lawson's release and some time in Waterbury

cool. we'll talk leading up.
depending on what's available at HF that week, that saturday could be extremely busy (waitsfield> HF> waterbury after the friday night Parker Pie shenanigans)

Work travel has me no longer going up but I have a rooms booked at Old Stagecoach and the Best Western for the weekend. If anyone is still trying to make plans to go up, BM me and we can coordinate a room transfer if you want. Will just cancel next week if nobody here needs them.

I'm definitely still looking forward to it... just will be more home drinking and BBQ'ing

Be there with bells on, leaving from work early Thursday and staying until Sunday night. Waterbury is gonna be nutty Saturday night for sure...

Do you think the Town of Waterbury knows what is going to happen that day? You know like...the police?
This is a slippery slope. The establishments know what's in store for that day. I called one place to try and reserve a table and was told that if I don't like craft beer, to stay far away from Waterbury that day. I would think that it would be on the bars to contact the town to let them know. But it's not a sanctioned event that needs permits or anything...so slippery slope straight into a clusterfluff...I'll be there

Serving outside the establishment's would likely need the VT DLC approval and permitting, as well as event insurance. The DLC can be a real pain in the ass, too.

Serving outside the establishment's would likely need the VT DLC approval and permitting, as well as event insurance. The DLC can be a real pain in the ass, too.

ah... yeah, always figure that's more of a problem down here than VT.

I really wanted to try Triple Sunshine, but this Saturday will now be the biggest cluster**** in the history of beer geekdom. There will be people lined up at Mad Taco at like 6 a.m. I bet. We'll see what happens, should be fun to follow regardless of whether or not I partake. Can't wait!

Pro Pig list is up

https://www.facebook.com/events/612007805555454/permalink/620826208006947/?stream_ref=3

Thee list of draft beers for the event.....

Edward CASK w/Simcoe
Edward
Harlan
Abner
Ephraim
Amarillo
Arthur
Everett
Society & Solitude #5
What is Enlightenment?
Anna August 2012
Grassroots Convivial Batch 2
Grassroots Brother Soigné April 2013
Clara 2013
Damon 2013
E.
Grassroots Sankt Hans Batch 2
Biere de Norma Batch 2
Birth of Tragedy 2013
Wheat is the New Hops
Siren/Grassroots Limon Cello
Amager/Grassroots Black Nitro
Blaugies/Hill Farmstead Vermontoise

PLUS a few more surprises!

I really wanted to try Triple Sunshine, but this Saturday will now be the biggest cluster**** in the history of beer geekdom. There will be people lined up at Mad Taco at like 6 a.m. I bet. We'll see what happens, should be fun to follow regardless of whether or not I partake. Can't wait!

I'll be picking and choosing what I can or can't make... I have a house w/ the family so I'll be there when things get out of hand

Parker's list just posted:

https://www.facebook.com/ParkerPieCo/posts/10152169832358843?stream_ref=1

It's here, it's here!! The tap list for our Hill Farmstead Anniversary party on May 23rd!!!

Ephraim
Amarillo
Harlan
Abner
Arthur
Everett
Edward
Society&Solitude #5
What is Enlightenment?
Amager Black Nitro
Blaugies/Hill Farmstead La Vermontiose
Grassroots Brother Soigne
Anna
Daybreak
Hill Farmstead/Blaugies Le Sarrasin

...and there will be many special bottles available. We're keeping those under wraps because surprises are fun

We are super excited to celebrate with everyone from Hill Farmstead Brewery starting at 6pm. Remember to park responsibly!

In thinking about all the craziness, I forgot one really important thing.

The return of WiE....

So hard right now
Full mast, throbbing vasculature, and it's awk cuz I'm in public.

Holy **** but actually....Waterbury is about to burn.....I can't even imagine....

I mean, how is it even physically possible to fit that many fat neck beards into one tiny................oh wait.......oh no......oh god no.....http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_collapse

Waterbury post HF Anniversary Fest
twd-s03e12-6a.jpg

Making it an easy decision to go up?

I just need a car and a hotel, and the ability to leave work early on a Friday and then maybe. I'd miss all the fun at Parker Pie though and then get caught in the ensuing shitstorm of Lawsons vs HF vs Waterbury on that Saturday

So much easier for me to go to a bottle share Friday night and then Kane/concert down the shore Saturday night. Would also be like $500 cheaper

Looks like the Pig is getting that Zombie Dust too...

If I'm in town, I'll take part in any TalkBeer bottle share at Best Western. I will not be participating in the public events...it's gonna be total amateur hour.

Would rather sip good beer with a small group than stand shoulder to should with other fat sweaty people drinking (quality) local beer. No offense to the bars or organizers.

So Jay or Os, whoever is planning the BW thing, let me know what time.

Back