Quantcast

What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Man, he's starred in a lot of shit but Cage is at the top of my list when it comes to actors who can make anything watchable. Put Gyllenhaal, Matthew Mac, Gosling, etc. in a bad movie and it's something you want to turn off right that second. With Cage, he is strangely watchable in literally anything in he is in. I like a ton of his movies.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Man, he's starred in a lot of shit but Cage is at the top of my list when it comes to actors who can make anything watchable. Put Gyllenhaal, Matthew Mac, Gosling, etc. in a bad movie and it's something you want to turn off right that second. With Cage, he is strangely watchable in literally anything in he is in. I like a ton of his movies.
hes got a 4min+ video montage of his freak outs alone lol. i forgot about a few of these

anyone remember Trapped in Paradise?? 1994 me really enjoyed that movie, i bet i couldnt watch it now

hes got a 4min+ video montage of his freak outs alone lol. i forgot about a few of these

anyone remember Trapped in Paradise?? 1994 me really enjoyed that movie, i bet i couldnt watch it now
The one at 1:50 from Matchstick Men is the best. The scene lasts about 2 minutes and they cut off most of it for the video. I would give it a watch because his ticks and mannerisms in this are hilarious.

"Have you ever been dragged to the sidewalk and beaten till you......PISSED BLOOD??!!!!!!"

air

Between Worlds:

On the subject of Nic Cage.... holy shit this was exceptionally bad, possibly on the level of The Room. It's the typical Nic Cage formula where a bereaved man tragically loses his wife and kid. He's a trucker and his dead wife's soul takes over a young woman's body. At first glance, it's a supernatural exploitation thriller, which ends up just stoner comedy full of incest that is primarily targeted at his misogynistic fans.

It's been a long time since I've been actually able to tell if Nic Cage is a good actor or not.
He's the opposite of rising to the occasion. He acts at 100% (or seemingly at 100%) in every movie, and sometimes that works for the movie around him. Even in the movies where it seems like he's being lazy, he's just doing his Nic Cage impression, so he's doing Nic Cage at 100% (if poorly). Most of the time, it fails miserably.

Has anyone seen The Death of Superman Lives? It's about the failed Tim Burton Nic Cage Superman film that was supposed to happen in '98. The whole thing is available on Vimeo. Looks kind of low production value, but I'll probably give it a watch soon because I know very little about what happened.
In 2019, Nic Cage is sort of the hero we deserve.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Has anyone seen The Death of Superman Lives? It's about the failed Tim Burton Nic Cage Superman film that was supposed to happen in '98. The whole thing is available on Vimeo. Looks kind of low production value, but I'll probably give it a watch soon because I know very little about what happened.
man this seems super interesting just watching the trailer, i think im gonna watch it too, thanks for posting it up

man this seems super interesting just watching the trailer, i think im gonna watch it too, thanks for posting it up
Jon Schnepp, the creator, was an awesome guy too. Big time nerd and comic book guru. He sadly passed away a little over a year ago.

Latest posts