What's Brewing? Sept '19 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatst1ck

Reaction score
With the cooler weather coming, it is FINALLY time to start my brewing season. Not having AC sucks, and after my first two batches of sour beer turned to vinegar, I've decided to only brew and condition in the cooler months...

Anyways, brewing up a couple batches of saison over the next few weeks to test out some new (to me) cultures. They'll prob all be Imperial Rustic primary, followed by separate secondaries of BB FW#3, Mainiacal "Custom Brett/Pedio" blend, Omega BodF, BB Sour Solera 19, and BB MTF Funk Island.

Also been wanting to try out a dark saison grain bill and will prob give one a go with Rustic/BodF

It took me way too long to figure out BB was bootleg biology. :confused:

I started a batch yesterday but got pulled away when I started chilling and with the hot ground water it wasn’t cool enough to chill the batch proper so that wort went down the drain. :oops: Hope I can try again this week.

bummer :( I prob wouldve been too stubborn to give up on that effort, let it cool naturally to room temp and then pitch, but I grind my grain with a corona mill hand crank, sooo I really don't like giving up on my brew lol

bummer :( I prob wouldve been too stubborn to give up on that effort, let it cool naturally to room temp and then pitch, but I grind my grain with a corona mill hand crank, sooo I really don't like giving up on my brew lol
I tend to err pretty aggressive on the safe side when it comes to my beer. I’m impressed with the hand mill though.

I did get a batch of saison going yesterday. Gave omega lacto blend another go and pitching wyeast Ardennes a try then going to bottle condition with wyeast Brett brux.

Back