What's good on Netflix?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Now that Outlander is on Netflicks my wife (who's seen the whole thing) is making me watch it. Aside from the glaring plot holes on the whole space time continuum we were finishing season one, which includes the torture and rape of Jamie (a dude for those unfamiliar).

I looked at my wife and said "What the fucking fuck are we watching?!".

Her, "The books are worse."

Really uncomfortable to watch. And she tells me there are scenes in later episodes that are worse.

For the most part I do like the show, but goddamn it's fucked up.

Now that Outlander is on Netflicks my wife (who's seen the whole thing) is making me watch it. Aside from the glaring plot holes on the whole space time continuum we were finishing season one, which includes the torture and rape of Jamie (a dude for those unfamiliar).

I looked at my wife and said "What the fucking fuck are we watching?!".

Her, "The books are worse."

Really uncomfortable to watch. And she tells me there are scenes in later episodes that are worse.

For the most part I do like the show, but goddamn it's fucked up.
The show is one of those rarest instances of being completely catered to females and gratuitously violent at the same time, that’s for sure lol. It actually kinda gets worse lol.

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member
Contributor
Watched the first new episode of Black Mirror.

That was dumb. The desire to watch the remaining episodes is nil.

Watched the first new episode of Black Mirror.

That was dumb. The desire to watch the remaining episodes is nil.
In case you didn't know, every episode is different. (actors, plot, etc...) I haven't watched the new season yet, but I know there have been some duds in previous seasons.

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member
Contributor
In case you didn't know, every episode is different. (actors, plot, etc...) I haven't watched the new season yet, but I know there have been some duds in previous seasons.
Oh...is that so? All the episodes in previous seasons didnt give me that impression. ;)

Also just finished Black Mirror 5x01 and it continues to be some of the best storytelling out there.

They're illustrating questions and issues that are very real and for some, new to our society. Tackling the idea of physical vs emotional relationships, sex addiction, and how we decide what counts as attraction in something like virtual reality was a really interesting topic. The one scene in a rainy alley was an important and mature way to address sexuality. Don't want to spoil anything so I'm being vague.

Really Black Mirror? 3 episodes?

Should have been in the reverse order IMO. The 3rd was easily the worst. Slightly interesting, but so many dumb moments and not the most poignant subject.

I bailed on the first one half of the way through. Great, now the third one sucks, too? I guess I'll try the second one?

Hell or High Water.

Written by Taylor Sheridan from Sicario and Wind River.

Just finished it for the 2nd time and it might be perfect. It's simple, smart, charming, heartfelt, and Jeff Bridges should be known as much for this as he is for The Dude.

It's just a flat out great movie. If you haven't seen this or either of the other 2 films mentioned, please do.

Hell or High Water.

Written by Taylor Sheridan from Sicario and Wind River.

Just finished it for the 2nd time and it might be perfect. It's simple, smart, charming, heartfelt, and Jeff Bridges should be known as much for this as he is for The Dude.

It's just a flat out great movie. If you haven't seen this or either of the other 2 films mentioned, please do.
I thought it was boring and predictable.

Black Mirror S5....I'll give it a 2/5. Just some quick thoughts on each episode without spoilers.

Episode 1: Probably my favorite of the three. I think Podunkparte pretty much touched on what I found compelling about this episode.

Episode 2: Seemed like it had been done before. Never really felt much suspense or payoff. My favorite part of this episode would probably be the two kids who were watching things unfold.

Episode 3: Disappointing. There were moments where I thought this was going to get interesting, but it never really did. The ending during credits was alright, but overall I wish they would've gone more in depth with the characters after the turning point.

Latest posts