What's good on Netflix?

Help Support Talkbeer:

Huh. It was so well-contained that I thought they were going to do the British thing of Yup, here it is, nope there’s nothing else coming after. Worried now they’re going to take a nearly perfect bit of art and sully it. Hope I’m wrong.
Supposedly when they pitched it to Netflix, they did have the outline for more than one season, so that makes me feel a little better. Not like they're trying to tack on another season due to popularity.

Anyone care to discuss?

I am left wondering about the extra hands caressing the python in the third cat video. That's about it.
I was semi familiar with this case, but somehow had never heard any of the internet sleuthing. Enjoyable.

I was semi familiar with this case, but somehow had never heard any of the internet sleuthing. Enjoyable.
I only vaguely remember the Canadian political parties getting
a foot and a hand in the mail.
Everything else was new to me. It was an enjoyable watch up until the end when homegirl
breaks the 4th wall and suggests that we're part of the problem by watching this documentary that she almost certainly profited considerably from.
As soon as the credits rolled I said "nah, fuck you lady!"

I only vaguely remember the Canadian political parties getting
a foot and a hand in the mail.
Everything else was new to me. It was an enjoyable watch up until the end when homegirl
breaks the 4th wall and suggests that we're part of the problem by watching this documentary that she almost certainly profited considerably from.
As soon as the credits rolled I said "nah, fuck you lady!"
She’s sooooo punk rock. *moves a fist in up and down motion*

dan

I'm not sure how I feel about Dracula. Only watched one episode.
We watched the first episode. My fiancé continued to watch it and I caught the last 15 minutes of the third episode. I don’t think I really missed anything in between and would have been fine missing the last 15 minutes, too.

Cheer was good, though. Same team that did Last Chance U - the look and feel is the same even as the sport is very different. The team also only has one event, too, so there’s more, I don’t know, dread across the series. In LCU, they could lose *a* game and still maybe make it to the national title game at the end. And with each episode generally sticking to one game, it gave the series a good structure. With Cheer, it’s just practice after practice after practice, albeit with an increasingly unfortunate number of injuries as the series progresses.

Wild series of events in the last episode, though. Just wild.

Last edited:

Latest posts