Question/Opinion Why do I need to login every visit?

Help Support Talkbeer:

I've deleted cookies, cleared caches, etc. Still happens regularly, both on Mobile (current IOS) on Macbook (Chrome, current chrome and current OS) and iMac (Chrome, older chrome and older OS)
When I did it, I did this and haven't had any issues since:
Go to three dot menu in the upper right -> Settings -> type cookies in the search box -> under privacy and security, click Site Settings -> click Cookies and site data -> click See all cookies and site data -> type talkbeer into the search box -> trash everything that appears there.

After that everything worked for me.
Doing it on the phone was slightly different.
Go to three dot menu in the upper right -> Settings -> Scroll down to Site Settings -> Click All Sites -> click the magnifying glass (aka search) and type in talkbeer -> click on whatever appears and trash them.

BadJustin

Staff member
Contributor
Go to three dot menu in the upper right -> Settings -> type cookies in the search box -> under privacy and security, click Site Settings -> click Cookies and site data -> click See all cookies and site data -> type talkbeer into the search box -> trash everything that appears there.

Go to three dot menu in the upper right -> Settings -> Scroll down to Site Settings -> Click All Sites -> click the magnifying glass (aka search) and type in talkbeer -> click on whatever appears and trash them.

You're hired.

Also that obviously only works for Chrome. I'm sure it's similar in other browsers, but I don't know the process exactly. You also don't need to just outright clear your cache. Browsers let you clear per site now.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor

Just tried this so we'll see what happens

BadJustin

Staff member
Contributor
Oh yeah, BTW: It is the reader's responsibility to verify their own facts. The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of TalkBeer.com or any other agency, organization, employer or company.

This is awesome, all this cache/cookie clearing business completely fucked up all of my business account sign ins/logins/etc...bank, credit card, LLC, email. I'm really fucking glad that everything got changed for absolutely no reason. Thanks a lot!
Yeah you should never have to do that honestly. Not useful now, obviously, but you can clear info per site instead of for everything.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Yeah you should never have to do that honestly. Not useful now, obviously, but you can clear info per site instead of for everything.
It didn't work when i just cleared TB, so i cleared everything. That seems to have worked *dramatic pause, lighting goes down* but at what cost?

Group Builder