Witch's Hat St. Patrick's day party and bottle release 3/17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb123

Reaction score
thinking about going to this since I bought a mug club for the previous release, it's during the week which limits amount of people that can go and since I work shift work it's easier for me to make things like this. Wondering if there is any other interest? meet up?

Cheers, Justin.

Looks like Tommy said over on the other site that it is10 bottles total and 2-3 of each variant allowed. 500 of each made.

I am a Michigan Ex-Pat of sorts. Proud to be from Flint, but currently live in Dallas. My parents are in the area often and are willing to get bottles for me when I ask. What are the chances bottles make it through the day Thursday and are available Friday if they were to go by?

More deets
Got there about 845, was told that I was about 150-160, line took forever. Got up there trax and cordial sold out. Had to be line cutters. Granted I was on the verge of being too late but should have been ok. There were cutters, poorly ran. Over selling mug club, have it or dont. I don't know. Oh well. Just bitter. Got three espresso and three vanilla. Giving them to friends anyways. Feel bad I can't give them more. ..

Got there about 845, was told that I was about 150-160, line took forever. Got up there trax and cordial sold out. Had to be line cutters. Granted I was on the verge of being too late but should have been ok. There were cutters, poorly ran. Over selling mug club, have it or dont. I don't know. Oh well. Just bitter. Got three espresso and three vanilla. Giving them to friends anyways. Feel bad I can't give them more. ..
Das rough man

Is it true they were letting people in line buy mug club memberships?

If so, that's ****ing stupid.

Why have a "Mug Club" where you're obviously selling memberships to people who are just buying limit bottles for trade/re-sale value? Isn't the whole point of such a thing to prioritize people who go in to drink beer there regularly, hence the name? Seems silly to run one as some sort of on-site bottle society.

200w.gif

When I bought a membership early summer I was 1000+ member. I have went a few times when in the area and just drank and got cheap ass growler fills. Happy to see them succeed but damn, why can't people figure it out! They know when ppl ****ing camp out at 1130 the night before that they should be doing something a tad different(like telling them to go ****ing home). These are my opinions.

Last edited:
Why have a "Mug Club" where you're obviously selling memberships to people who are just buying limit bottles for trade/re-sale value? Isn't the whole point of such a thing to prioritize people who go in to drink beer there regularly, hence the name? Seems silly to run one as some sort of on-site bottle society.
The whole point is cash. All the cash you can get. As long as people keep coming and keep spending, nothing is going to change.

Damn JB you must have been right behind me cause I was there 8:45 too and was told I was #150.

Missed out on trax but must have bought some of the last cordial. Wasn't an organized release for sure.

Damn JB you must have been right behind me cause I was there 8:45 too and was told I was #150.

Missed out on trax but must have bought some of the last cordial. Wasn't an organized release for sure.
Dang! Must have been! We were just passed where the fence bent. Yeah I agree not the best release esp for such a small place

200w.gif

When I bought a membership early summer I was 1000+ member. I have went a few times when in the area and just drank and got cheap ass growler fills. Happy to see them succeed but damn, why can't people figure it out! They know when ppl ****ing camp out at 1130 the night before that they should be doing something a tad different(like telling them to go ****ing home). These are my opinions.
We share these opinions.

Judging by this response, I assume it is safe to say that no bottles made it to today?

They're probably going to re-think how they do releases - they don't like the fact that people who waited 2+ hours walked away without getting what they wanted.

I wasn't that surprised - highly allotment means more people willing to travel for a bigger haul that they can trade/drink/sell.

They're probably going to re-think how they do releases - they don't like the fact that people who waited 2+ hours walked away without getting what they wanted.

I wasn't that surprised - highly allotment means more people willing to travel for a bigger haul that they can trade/drink/sell.

Exactly, if you want to reward locals and actual mug club members (not people who payed a "mug club tax" the day of) you should have more small releases and fewer large ones.

Exactly, if you want to reward locals and actual mug club members (not people who payed a "mug club tax" the day of) you should have more small releases and fewer large ones.
I haven't heard much recently, but much like Bell's was doing with the General Store... One day you walk in and there are 750's of Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout, yes please.

HAS ANYONE OPENED A VANILLA OR ESPRESSO? HAD A FRIEND OPEN BOTH AND SAID THEY BOTH TASTED LIKE NAIL POLISH.

If this is true , this and the oddside **** together is going to really make me lose faith.

HAS ANYONE OPENED A VANILLA OR ESPRESSO? HAD A FRIEND OPEN BOTH AND SAID THEY BOTH TASTED LIKE NAIL POLISH.

If this is true , this and the oddside **** together is going to really make me lose faith.

Dear god please no...

Dear god please no...
Opening vanilla in about 30 mins. Supposed to send some to a regular trading partner and need to know before I send him complete ****. Draft was great. So ****ing annoying. Bcbs oddside now possibly witches hat. Please no.

Beer is fine. Better than fine. I trust my friend and his taste. I hope it's not certain bottles. This bottle is really great.

Back