Woodshop Rollcall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domtronzero

Reaction score
I know BA has a thread for this but since I can't logon over there... :mad:

I'm going with a few friends this year. I've been going since Woodshop 4 but last year some family issues came up the day before and it prevented me from attending.

I haven't decided what I'm bringing yet, but definitely some Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve beers and a bottle or 2 of Cantillon. Beyond that I don't know. Growler of Societe or Alpine?

Anyways, where's everyone staying and what's the haps for a bottleshare later in the evening/Sunday morning before I drive back to SD? And what do you guys and gals plan on bringing?

Maybe I'll just bottleshare by myself in my car on the way back down the 5. Just kidding... but seriously.

This is my first Woodshop and I live pretty close to the tasting site which is a nice plus. I just started trading a year ago and I do want to bring some bottles but from the BA list, all the different names seem very intimidating and I'm afraid that my offerings will be too paltry by comparison.

I'll be durr. I'll be the stocky, bald, bearded, bespectacled guy...hopefully with a BT nametag this year!

This is my first Woodshop and I live pretty close to the tasting site which is a nice plus. I just started trading a year ago and I do want to bring some bottles but from the BA list, all the different names seem very intimidating and I'm afraid that my offerings will be too paltry by comparison.
I wouldn't worry about that. Bring good beer to drink. If someone takes issue with the "quality" (read: rarity) of the beers you bring then they're doing it wrong. If you're on the fence trying to figure out what to bring, just get a few growlers filled of some good beer from a brewery local to you; especially if the growlered beer isn't something that's bottled. Plenty of people from different parts of SoCal will be happy to try it.

I wouldn't worry about that. Bring good beer to drink. If someone takes issue with the "quality" (read: rarity) of the beers you bring then they're doing it wrong. If you're on the fence trying to figure out what to bring, just get a few growlers filled of some good beer from a brewery local to you; especially if the growlered beer isn't something that's bottled. Plenty of people from different parts of SoCal will be happy to try it.

Definitely nailed this response. angry_lobster-if you want to PM me with some of the stuff you were thinking about bringing, I'm happy to help you select. I think the most important think is that you are contributing things that are special to you. Regardless of what you bring, nobody will complain about a lack of rare/special beer at this event.

Looks like there's a strong chance I can't make this thanks to business related travel. If anyone needs a ticket let me know, otherwise I'll probably swing by for the last hour after my flight lands and sample some of the draft offerings. Once again Chris brings it!

I'm bringing some of the Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve beers (Nightmare on Brett Grand Cru, L'Brett d'Blackberry, and maybe one more) a Lou Pepe Framboise, a bottle of The Commons Emillie, a growler of Pupil and a growler of Nelson and some Natty Ice for me to drink since I hate all that fancy beer crap.

Well we survived and had a great time yesterday! It was a pleasure meeting angry_lobster and I finally got to meet nanobrew, both really cool beer dudes. We had a blast hanging out with (and getting to meet) jmgrub, another really fun dude to hang out and drink beer with.

Chris put on yet another great event. We're already looking forward to next year!

What were the highlights? Hope everyone had a blast and made it home safe. Cheers!

Honestly tough to pick out highlights. I really enjoyed the Grande Negro Voodoo Papi that I brought, and I like to think I have an unbiased palate. MrBubbler poured a Funky Buddha Passion Fruit berliner that was phenomenal. Wethorseblanket brought an 05 Lou Pepe Framboise which was sublime, as was the '10 that domtronzero brought. Mission Impecheable and the new Hoparazzi raspberry sour were fantastic. I was also very impressed by Blu Bu and extremely excited that hopstar sent me a bottle. As always, there was just too much great beer.

Back