Worst glass breakage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacrelicio

Reaction score
'08 Darkness snifter. Hit it against the faucet while rinsing and a huge chunk broke off. What's your worst glass breakage?

after whippin shitties in the sub division, I didn't even think that I should be careful opening the back door. So I swung it open and out fell a CW Fourteen. Damn thing bounced twice on the garage floor before deciding it had had enough.

after whippin shitties in the sub division, I didn't even think that I should be careful opening the back door. So I swung it open and out fell a CW Fourteen. Damn thing bounced twice on the garage floor before deciding it had had enough.
Glass or bottle?

Lord Nelson Broadside 200 stemmed glass. Glass came with the beer, an attempt by the Lord Nelson brewpub in Sydney to replicate Adnam's Broadside for the 200th anniversary. A one-off, flatmate broke it. But, life went on and the glassware addiction continued:)

I broke some glasses a couple of months ago. In the process of sending out a couple of free boxes to try and change my glass luck. (sparing details for the sensitive people glasswhores.)

Last edited:
:eek: HOW DARE YOU

That being said my family and I are notorious for breaking my dad's wine glasses (my father included). They're just so damn thin

I've had pretty good luck with not breaking glasses. My roommate, not so much...

Earlier this year he broke the willi glass my friend picked up for me at the Alchemist Pub a few weeks before it was destroyed by Hurricane Irene.

I am great about not breaking glasses.....my wife on the other hand destroyed my 5 day old DFH Dildo glass and a New Belgium snifter I loved. Nothing major but still.

I should have way more on my record than that shitty BM hefe glass (although I did catch a piece in my foot a few months later).

I've dropped a Delirium snifter, GTOM baby pint, and my Alpine pint and all have just bounced off the tile somehow. Delirium had a small flake on the base, but some masking tape took care o' dat.

Have drunkenly clanged more glassware off of the faucet than I'd care to admit...positive this will balance out with a horrible run of shards.

*Just now remembered that my FW mini sniff was broken when someone ran into my wee-station at Darkness. Poor bastard fell 6ft to his doom. Cool feature of those port-o-johns: grates for floors.*

I should have way more on my record than that shitty BM hefe glass (although I did catch a piece in my foot a few months later).

I've dropped a Delirium snifter, GTOM baby pint, and my Alpine pint and all have just bounced off the tile somehow. Delirium had a small flake on the base, but some masking tape took care o' dat.

Have drunkenly clanged more glassware off of the faucet than I'd care to admit...positive this will balance out with a horrible run of shards.

*Just now remembered that my FW mini sniff was broken when someone ran into my wee-station at Darkness. Poor bastard fell 6ft to his doom. Cool feature of those port-o-johns: grates for floors.*
you brought a glass into the john at D Day? Nooo!

I just recently broke two of my favorite glasses while washing them. One, the Firestone Walker Barrelworks mini-snifter and my Half Acre gold print tulip. I prefer not to go into any more detail.

Ive accidentally smashed several loon glasses.
Had both a sexy de molen glass and the vintage 3 fountains tumbler show up on my porch in a million pieces...guess its better to have seen the wreckage and never drank from it than to fall in love and be so butt hurt.

The only "meaningful" glass I have murdered was one my wife bought for me during our honeymoon. It was a snifter that I hardly ever used but it struck me deep when it shattered.

once my future brother-in-law and i were roommates. it was late at night and we had been participating in questionable activities most of the day. while sitting on the floor smoking my bro decides to go get a beer from the fridge not realizing my piece was still on his lap. as he stood the glass went flying- bouncing off of and breaking an interior doors window pane and ultimately crumbling into shards all over the hardwood floor. it was my favorite piece, having had it for almost 10 years.

ooohhhh- that type of glass :(

worst one I've had was while reaching to hit the garbage disposal and knocked my HF stemmed glass into my CBS glass. The HF base made a perfect oblong hole in the bottom of the cbs glass. I was wrecked.
Now my wife understands why I buy multiples of glassware.

Only lost two glasses ... my wife knocked a New Holland flute off a table playing Wii and I dropped a Livery pint glass in the sink while washing it. :(

Cigar City mini snifter... x3. Weirdest breakage was dropping my phone on it. Side of the phone came down on the top as I was holding it, shattered the entire thing. That glass is cursed for me

The "worst" break for me. In terms of mess, and just a great glass (HF stem). My girlfriend tends to be clumsy around glassware.
FDD1EF7B-C6BC-4BB0-A7D7-322A7781DBC9-6523-00000592A23D2856_zpsad8f4d7c.jpg

I've only smashed a Gandhi snifter (easily replaceable) but it broke too damn easily. Finished washing it and bumped it over with the sponge and it fell perfectly on the nub of the drain catch...

DSC00224.JPG

This one is on FedEx, but I personally broke a Meyers Duvel glass which is, of course, the only one that is hard to come by now.

A couple days ago I broke a Hunahpu snifter. Dont even know how it broke. Cracked at the top but then a piece broke out that looked like shape of a tear drop. Weirdest break Ive ever seen and also my worst (saddest). Karma for offering up a Huna for trade? Maybe.

My Westvleteren XII glass broke in my cabinet, still not sure how. My only hypothesis is that the ones in the brick were fairly cheaply made (imagine that), and it vibrated slightly against another glass while a train was going past my apartment, and broke.

That evening I was reaching for another glass and noticed broken pieces, then quickly realized what glass it was. Was upset at first until I realized it was a crappy glass I had never used and nothing but a collector's piece.

Received Bourbon County snifter. Used once. Pyrex baking dish fell flat on it while the missus was washing dishes that night. She requested that I take care of the fancy glasses from that point on.
The first mistake was letting her near them in the first place. My wife knows not to touch my glassware and I tell her to not even look at them.

You are very welcome. You might not have any Duvels glasses you want to get rid off. It would make the girlfriend happy. I mean more cabinet space. 😉

Latest posts

Back