Younger 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy largadeer works at a bar. One time, our mutual friends Sandstone and pokgye were drinking with him. You know, bottles were opened, taps were poured, largadeer working all the while.

At the end of the night, the guys decided to use the breathalyzer that they keep behind the bar.

pokgye, who's a fairly large man, blew around a 0.10. Sandstone blew around 0.10 as well.

largadeer blew a 0.12. And he was not only working, but was handling money and completely coherent.

30 ounces of 11% ABV DIPA seems like more than enough to me. Am I missing some key element?
What if you want to stay 4 hours and hang out? Limit is weak given the line you have to wait in. Less than 2 pints = fail. It will only get worse I imagine as demand grows and Vinnie and Co. show no signs or desire to expand. First year people bring mules for a DONG release? LOL

Seems to me ToroSD stealth tapping will blow away the brewpub for the best place to get Younger. No crowd, no line, unlimited. Last year you could walk up and order 10, they'd give them to you. Downside is you have to be able to walk right out of work when it happens which is easy for me at least.

Last edited:
.12?????? Lol that's nearly sober. 2 pints of Bad Boy in an hour will throw that. Drink a growler of Bad Boy and some BCBS afterwards....blow a .22 and be completely coherent like me passing my cop buddies FST minus the eye twitch test ;)

3 youngers, an elder, a pig, a row 2, a supplication, a consecration, and some draft only belgian seems like a helluva 4 hours to me!

I refuse to see the problem.
I don't think it's a problem, but I also don't see how they'd enforce it. Are they going to give people tickets? That seems like a cluster****, plus it would probably be easy to get extra since most people don't get 3 (the one time I went I think I only got two).

Regardless, there's no way I'll be going to RR for Younger, much easier to just drink at a local bar.

3 youngers, an elder, a pig, a row 2, a supplication, a consecration, and some draft only belgian seems like a helluva 4 hours to me!

I refuse to see the problem.
You wait in the **** show for Younger not year round beers. I'm up there enough for the year rounds plus they're in SD year round. I guess if you think limit = better than yeah who cares.

You wait in the **** show for Younger not year round beers. I'm up there enough for the year rounds plus they're in SD year round. I guess if you think limit = better than yeah who cares.

Which San Diego **** shows did you do last year? I'm probably not even going to try this year...

Considering a few years ago, I was in the pub at 11 and drunk by 11:10, a limit of 3 is a good idea.

That was a good year, mjl21. Hope to see you again this year.
Pretty sure at 11:03 that morning we had our second glass of Younger in our right hand and a glass of CBS in our left.

What's that? :LOL

Haha it's no secret. Follow Toronado on Facebook. They usually get 3 or 4 kegs. One they'll announce - normal ********. 1 or 2 they'll 'stealth tap' - post on a Tuesday morning at 10am they tapped. Be there at 10:15. No one there - NO ONE. Order as many as you want. By the time people hear about it - you're done and leave. Yet another they'll give short notice ( 12 hours ) about a tapping an hour prior to opening. People who don't know won't show up then. Usually a Sunday.

I'm posting this ELEEEETTT SECRET because I don't give a **** about beer anymore.

Haha it's no secret. Follow Toronado on Facebook. They usually get 3 or 4 kegs. One they'll announce - normal ********. 1 or 2 they'll 'stealth tap' - post on a Tuesday morning at 10am they tapped. Be there at 10:15. No one there - NO ONE. Order as many as you want. By the time people hear about it - you're done and leave. Yet another they'll give short notice ( 12 hours ) about a tapping an hour prior to opening. People who don't know won't show up then. Usually a Sunday.

I'm posting this ELEEEETTT SECRET because I don't give a **** about beer anymore.

Elite secret? Sort of like being a Facebook friend of Nate's?

Oddly enough, I may be flexible enough in schedule for the real time chasing this year. One of the few advantages of being employed (finding the money to pay for the Younger is a problem, though).

Any of you guys hiring?

I fully intend on taking off work and hitting up RRB the second week of the release with a buddy of mine.

How long does this linger around the area? I ask because I'll be in the Bay Area starting March 9th. I imagine it will be long gone, but I have to ask.

At the pub. Places have it on pretty significantly after that. A couple years ago I had on tap on the 28th, well after RR was out.

Where did you have it on the 28th?

Did someone just hold onto a keg of it and wait until the release was over?

Where did you have it on the 28th?

Did someone just hold onto a keg of it and wait until the release was over?
Wtf do you mean by "release"? RR themselves don't distribute some kegs until after it's gone at the pug. I've heard of kegs being tapped in March, it happens. The idea that it's gone everywhere after the 20th is ridiculous and wrong.

Wtf do you mean by "release"? RR themselves don't distribute some kegs until after it's gone at the pug. I've heard of kegs being tapped in March, it happens. The idea that it's gone everywhere after the 20th is ridiculous and wrong.

Why so srs?

Ideas cant be wrong! Dreams cant be wrong! Unicorns are real, damnit!

Nah i getcha. I didnt know brah. Sorry bro.

What if you want to stay 4 hours and hang out? Limit is weak given the line you have to wait in. Less than 2 pints = fail. It will only get worse I imagine as demand grows and Vinnie and Co. show no signs or desire to expand. First year people bring mules for a DONG release? LOL

Seems to me ToroSD stealth tapping will blow away the brewpub for the best place to get Younger. No crowd, no line, unlimited. Last year you could walk up and order 10, they'd give them to you. Downside is you have to be able to walk right out of work when it happens which is easy for me at least.

yeah but last years tapping was worse than any other previous year. Their "stealth" tapping involved promising to e-mail about it, but instead continuing to tweet about it. I like how the years past they just mentioned it in a single e-mail and that was it... unless we are talking about a different tapping that I did not know about.

yeah but last years tapping was worse than any other previous year. Their "stealth" tapping involved promising to e-mail about it, but instead continuing to tweet about it. I like how the years past they just mentioned it in a single e-mail and that was it... unless we are talking about a different tapping that I did not know about.

That was 1 of 2 single keg "stealth taps. The other 2 kegs were back to back the day they got them. I remember the email and tweet one. There was another that was announced on FB at 10am on a Tues or Thurs or something. No tweet, no email, no newsletter. Keg sat over 3 hours. I was gone with 4 pours before there were even 20 people in there.

Whether to wait in line every day at Toronado or at the Pub? In year's past it was nice to go to Toronado and order a few glasses before the 5 pm cut off, but how things change.

That was 1 of 2 single keg "stealth taps. The other 2 kegs were back to back the day they got them. I remember the email and tweet one. There was another that was announced on FB at 10am on a Tues or Thurs or something. No tweet, no email, no newsletter. Keg sat over 3 hours. I was gone with 4 pours before there were even 20 people in there.

That sounds like how the release for the day they got the kegs used to be... I miss the old days, damn kids turn your music down and get off my lawn!

I buy ticket for plane already. Anybody want bottle share in overnight line?
What night you camping?

Probably yea. Im gonna have chairs and hopefully a propane heater as well.

Latest posts

Back