Zwanze Day - October 1, 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever+i+start+a+spiderman+thread+lets+have+a+spiderman_901da6_4392469.gif

Too soon Gregory.

It was last year, so I assume it would be this year as well seeing as they helped get Cantillon into the state.
Well, they'll definitely be back.... it's just the fact that they use a lotto system. Did not win last year (errr... this year? ha).

This is awesome, I fly out of Brussels on the 2nd so it works out perfectly. Anyone know how it usually works there? Is it ticketed or do you pay by the drink or what?

That was an awesome coincidence. Hopefully you can go to the brewery.
I'm pretty sure it'll be at Moeder Lambic but yeah it's great that it worked out the way it did. We already planned on going to the brewery so we won't have to change our itinerary at all.

Seconded on any insight on Zwanze in Brussels. I'm in Belgium that week for work and this is the perfect excuse to stay the weekend!

Seconded on any insight on Zwanze in Brussels. I'm in Belgium that week for work and this is the perfect excuse to stay the weekend!

Was there with the wife last year. Moeder Lambic started selling tickets the week before Zwanze, so since we weren't arriving until Thursday I emailed Moeder and Jean (the owner/manager of the bar, not JVR) set aside 2 tickets for us. Since you'll be there that week you won't have to do that but I'm just posting as an FYI for others.

We got there a few hours before they tapped Zwanze and met up with koplamp and his buddy, ended up getting seats right at the bar. I remember things getting crowded shortly before Zwanze but besides that the whole event was really mellow, and they had lots of great Cantillon on draft all weekend, bottles of Zenne, etc. JVR was there and did the Zwanze toast. Fou and LPF were released at the brewery in the days leading up to Zwanze, so the whole weekend really couldn't have worked out better. Wish I could go back every year.

Back