Zwickelmania PDX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flexabull

Reaction score
I'll be in Portland the weekend that Zwickelmania is going on.

Is it worth attending any of the events that are going on? Or is it just a clusterf*ck worth avoiding?

Thanks.

Hasn't been a cluster in the past. People flow in and out all throughout the day so it kinda spreads the crowd out. Not just beer nerds make the circuit either, expect hipsters explaining how you're not worthy of Stone.

I was actually thinking about heading up to Hood River. Only been to Full Sail up there, and that was years ago.
Pfriem and Double Mountain are both worth the visit and easily accessible off I-84 with my preference leaning toward Pfriem. Their beers are just more in line with my taste buds. You really can't go wrong with either brewery.

Pfriem and Double Mountain are both worth the visit and easily accessible off I-84 with my preference leaning toward Pfriem. Their beers are just more in line with my taste buds. You really can't go wrong with either brewery.

I've enjoyed the Double Mountain's beers I have had when I've been in Bend, and I'm curious to try Pfreim. So if the roads are good, I think we will do it.

I'll be in Portland the weekend that Zwickelmania is going on.

Is it worth attending any of the events that are going on? Or is it just a clusterf*ck worth avoiding?

Thanks.

I avoid it like the plague, tons of obnoxious people looking for free beer. I have heard good things about Hood river though, Pfreim and Logsdon might be worth a visit.

Haven’t been to Pfreim, but have been to Logsdon and 100% worth it, even without a special release. Further south there’s also Solera, which makes good-not-mind-blowing beers, but the view from the outdoor tables is pretty hard to beat.

943631_10101715520045904_133752326_n.jpg

Back